Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Would you like fries with your ring???? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88025)

pritchke 10-07-2003 05:05 PM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00"> I just saw the strangest thing. I was in the ring store getting a ring resized and a female customer asked the girl if they still served drinks to there customers because she was thirsty. Apparently they did because the lady gave her a coke. I said to my fiancée "Would you like a burger with that?". I don't know about you guys but while it might be considered good customer service, there is a food court just around the corner so serving drinks is not even something I would consider asking if shopping in a jewellery store. Maybe it isn't so strange but to me it was just a weird thing to ask especially with drinks so close around the corner. Is it customary to ask for free drinks in stores that serve other purposes?</font>

[ 10-08-2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Zuvio 10-08-2003 10:06 AM

<font color=lightgreen>
Yeah, in most luxury stores, people tend to get really buttered up to buy the best rings and other jewelery. Extreme brides anyone? :D
</font>

johnny 10-08-2003 10:09 AM

Do they also have a bar where we can hang and drink beer ? :D Sometimes it takes like forever until a woman makes up her mind in a jewelry store, so selling beer wouldn't be such a bad idea. Now, throw in a pooltable and i might become a regular visitor. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

RevRuby 10-08-2003 10:39 AM

did they charge her for the drink? if not then that sounds like the place for me! free soda....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................thirsty now [img]tongue.gif[/img] but don't have any soda in the house.

pritchke 10-08-2003 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RevRuby:
did they charge her for the drink? if not then that sounds like the place for me! free soda....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................thirsty now [img]tongue.gif[/img] but don't have any soda in the house.
<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00"> No charge!!!</font>

slicer15 10-08-2003 02:39 PM

Well here in the UK they have put out benches in shops specifically for the husbands/boyfriends that got dragged along with their wife/girlfriend to go shopping to sit on. A little bar would the perfect next step. :D

Cloudbringer 10-08-2003 02:45 PM

Many jewelery stores do that. I know one in our area that routinely advertises around the holidays that it has a nice 'sitting area' complete with television and refreshments. I think it's partly to cater to the husbands and bf's that are waiting for their significant others to make choices but it is also for the ladies who are waiting while a piece is sized or cleaned etc. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dreamer128 10-08-2003 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Many jewelery stores do that. I know one in our area that routinely advertises around the holidays that it has a nice 'sitting area' complete with television and refreshments.
Really.. why bother going to the pub if you can get everything for free at your local jewelry store.
"Uh..sir.. were you planning on buying anything?"
"Err.. how much for the television?"

Luvian 10-08-2003 05:26 PM

The way I see it, if they're about to make 2k, they can afford to please their clients.

Just like in the movies.

Arledrian 10-08-2003 05:28 PM

I bought a mobile phone a few months ago and they offered me a drink while I waited for them to set up the contract/plan details. This was at an AT&T store, so it's not like it even remotely resembled a jewelry shop. So I guess it's pretty normal, Pritchke.