Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Darkstone (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Land of Serkish (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33507)

Veteran_Warrior 02-14-2002 05:41 PM

Well... coming along now...BUT!

At the Entrance of Serkish there are alot of huge beasts that are really quite difficult to kill... seems my dynamic duo is getting killed alot just trying to enter...

Any hint would be vastly appreciated... I'm almost afraid to go in there again

Mouse 02-14-2002 05:45 PM

What sort of beasts exactly? Give me a bit more information and I might be able to help ;)

In general, though, the tactic would be hit, run, drink potions, rinse and repeat :D

Veteran_Warrior 02-14-2002 05:55 PM

Looks like they are huge Giant Beetles (or Spiders)... plus the whole land turned murky blue and its raining even in the town, where a ugly monolith now stands.

Wow... very scary, indeed.

ps they are very powerful... can't even dent them

Ladyzekke 02-14-2002 10:40 PM

What characters are you playing? All I gotta say is "Magic Bomb" my friend, Magic Bomb, can kill enemies from afar so you don't get hurt, plus works through walls in some cases (not all, but many). Plus running about like a freak is always handy, standing still can get you killed quick when you are overwhelmed. Lure em out one by one method works well, and, of course, Magic Bomb! Did I already mention Magic Bomb? Oh, OK, sorry, I'll shut up now... :D

Gadzooks 02-15-2002 06:45 PM

The spiders usually throw fireballs at you - so use reflections and berserker on yourself. They are also killed with wall of fire. So put reflections on yourself and then enter Serkesh. Move away from the spiders - they will follow, but stop at a distance to throw fireballs. Put down a wall-of-fire, then back up so the spider(s) stops on the wall of fire. Repeat as necessary. Remember to keep an eye on your reflections spell and refresh if necessary.

FYI

Veteran_Warrior 02-15-2002 09:16 PM

slugging it out now...

look out for the giant spiders... takes 2 or 3 bombs to kill each one...and they attack in hordes... best option is to run...and they chase you pretty fast...trying to pick them off one at a time...

Veteran_Warrior 02-16-2002 02:18 PM

Thanks to reports by the Elite Gaurds I made it this far.

Oh, what a dreary place this land of Serkish is...

Garnet FalconDance 02-21-2002 05:40 PM

Well, think of it this way...if it's gone all bleak and dreary, you've done it right and on your way to completing the quest and confronting Draak to rid the world of his evil influence forever--or at least until the next game :D .

Foucter 02-27-2002 10:38 AM

Another thing that helps alot is to click the "Run" button on, instead of holding down the toggle "Run" button (Ctrl I think.). Because most of the time you can outrun them. The problem occurrs when you stop to attack, holding down the Shift key, and forget to press the Ctrl key again. Your character dies because you're walking instead of running! In intense fights, click the Run button on; it'll save your hide!! :D

Veteran_Warrior 03-19-2002 12:02 AM

Made it down to Drak's Lair... but I only have six crystals...