Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Stanley Cup finals! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90210)

Nerull 05-29-2004 08:58 PM

Who else is watching? Who are you going for? It's been a pretty good series so far, lots of big hitting. How about Iginla and Lecavalier throwing down just a bit ago? :D

Animal 05-29-2004 09:20 PM

Calgary all the way baby, the cup is coming back to Canada...

Animal 05-29-2004 09:53 PM

Calgary 2, Tampa Bay 0 !!! That's right ZERO!

Mack_Attack 05-29-2004 11:31 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOO Calgary BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Sea of red my butt. I needs to be a sea of blue and orange AKA Edmonton. ;)

Nerull 05-30-2004 01:25 AM

LoL...When the playoffs started, no one would have believed that Calgary would get to the finals (other than their fans, of course). And now they look poised to win the Cup. Manhandled Tampa 3 to zip.

Sir Goulum 05-30-2004 02:47 PM

Tam-pa BAY! Tam-pa BAY! Tam-pa BAY!

:D

spydar 05-30-2004 08:36 PM

I think if I didn't cheer for Calgary there'd be a lynch mob lined up outside my door. I don't generally like hockey (what's that? a Canadian who hates hockey! [img]redface.gif[/img] Why I'm shocked and appalled!) but now that I live in Calgary I gotta tell ya I'm getting a little caught up in the Flames fanaticism.

Go Flames GO!

True_Moose 05-30-2004 08:55 PM

Who woulda called Iggy fighting Lecavalier? Crazy stuff the playoffs.

Has anyone else been underwhelmed by St. Louis so far? I mean, he's good a terrible napoleonic complex, and he has some pretty good reasons to beat up Calgary, aside from, obviously, just winning. But aside from that goal in game 1 (which was fairly irrelevant), he's been damn near invisible (and not just cause he's 5'7" :D ) Richards has been much better and more impressive IMHO.

Nerull 05-30-2004 10:11 PM

Yeah, St. Louis has been playing poorly. Iggy, meanwhile, has been playing like a true captain. Tampa made the mistake of playing Calgary's game plan this last game (playing physical and trying to play nothing but defense). Can't do that on someone else's ice, especially when you are playing at a much higher elevation than you are used to. Calgary just wore them down.

I'm glad to see the leaders of the clubs throw down for once. Usually it's the enforcers doing all of the fighting. Good for the leaders to step up and try to make something happen for their team.

Aerich 05-31-2004 02:46 AM

I've got to agree with the St Louis, Iggy, Richards comments. The series seems to be shuttling back and forth right now. I'd like to see both teams really on their game. Then again, maybe that's not possible, because both their styles seem to depend on taking the other team off their game. Very happy with this finals though. Last year was an absolute bust. I watched about two periods, and both teams probably would have been happy if they didn't have to play in the offensive zone.

I'm pulling for the Flames all the way. You have to admire their guts, grit, and work ethic, especially with so many regulars out (particularly Gauthier, Lydman, and Reinprecht). I must admit, however, that I was snarlingly unhappy for about a week after they knocked out my Canucks.