Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   drinking (alcohol) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92433)

Aerich 12-06-2004 03:17 AM

... is very bad for people's liver, it causes people to die because of drunk driving, it leads to hooliganism in the streets, and it should be banned.

*runs really fast before johnny breaks out the flamethrower* :D

Edit: title

[ 12-06-2004, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: Aerich ]

Iron Greasel 12-06-2004 03:31 AM

My flamewar-sense is tingling...
Quick, to the Escapemobil!

Chewbacca 12-06-2004 03:35 AM

Yeah, drinking is bad. Especially drinking water...

*Sips on his Guinness Extra Stout*

Illumina Drathiran'ar 12-06-2004 03:46 AM

Does this have anything to do with that smoking thread?

Q'alooaith 12-06-2004 03:51 AM

Drinking is vital for living.

Now alcahol, that's a diffrent kettle of fish, Doctors have been saying for year that drinking small ammount of certain alcaholic drinks is better for you than not drinking at all..

No everyone who get's drunk turn's into a hooligan, some people need to get slightly drunk to lose enough of their inhibitions to unwide properly..

armageddon272 12-06-2004 03:52 AM

yeah, thats what i was thinking. is Aerich trying to brake the smoking record with alcohol? thats a cheap shot. but yeah, i agree. alcohol isn't pure evil, but it is something that i think should be monitored and/or regulated better.

Aerich 12-06-2004 03:55 AM

Joke, people, joke. And yes, it is slightly related (farcically) to the smoking thread. Don't take it so seriously. ;)

johnny 12-06-2004 04:59 AM

33% of all trafficaccidents is caused by drunk drivers. Which means that 67% of all trafficaccidents is caused by sober drivers. Now THAT is really disturbing.

Therefore alcohol= good. :D

And i know i've used this line before, but i'll keep using it whenever one of them boozebashers shows up. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Q'alooaith 12-06-2004 05:03 AM

You got the % for people under the influence of mind altering substances, minor acident's Vs fatalites and so on..

Without all the numbers it's not much to go on, that could be including minor bumps and so on..

johnny 12-06-2004 05:05 AM

Just drink and shut up. :D

Megabot 12-06-2004 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
33% of all trafficaccidents is caused by drunk drivers. Which means that 67% of all trafficaccidents is caused by sober drivers. Now THAT is really disturbing.

And i know i've used this line before, but i'll keep using it whenever one of them boozebashers shows up. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

LOl that is because the 67% is either old peoples or have any didsease so 100% percent of the "normale" peoples should be 100% good in driving and THEN those drunk driver's should be behind the bars!! :D
I could not even "think" about forgive a person who are drunk and drive a car and kill my child.... :(

Therefore alcohol= is BAD
Sorry johnny but that is the REAL problem in the world in this case! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-06-2004, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]

johnny 12-06-2004 05:18 AM

Dude , don't even think about turning this into a serious thread.

Megabot 12-06-2004 05:21 AM

LOL sometime we must be serious too John only a bit angry because one of my frinds child was killed in October by a darn drunk driver. :(

Sigmar 12-06-2004 05:25 AM

Abuse of alcohol is bad. Just like everything else.

And it's just common sense to leave your keys and your car/bike at home when you go out, and to get a taxi home.

Drinking causing hooliginism? The hooligans cause hooliginism.

Very easy to make "drink" the scapegoat, if you did something stupid under the influence of alcohol, take some responisbility and acknowledge it WAS your fault. What do you do about it? Drink less next time, and BE CAREFUL.

Come to the medditeranean to see what the "horrors" of drinking are, I'm sure you'll be dissapointed.

[ 12-06-2004, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

johnny 12-06-2004 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Megabot:
LOL sometime we must be serious too John only a bit angry because one of my frinds child was killed in October by a darn drunk driver. :(
Sorry man, i didn't know.

Megabot 12-06-2004 05:50 AM

How could you know? anyway keep on drinking dude, it is cool as long as you are home and have good time with your friends Johnny [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] Nothing to be sorry about you did not know this, but that is the real thing about any drunk drivers my friend i hate them must they burn i hell!! :D

[ 12-06-2004, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 12-06-2004 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Q'alooaith:
Drinking is vital for living.

Now alcahol, that's a diffrent kettle of fish, Doctors have been saying for year that drinking small ammount of certain alcaholic drinks is better for you than not drinking at all..

No everyone who get's drunk turn's into a hooligan, some people need to get slightly drunk to lose enough of their inhibitions to unwide properly..

Just last week on CBC radio, they found that all these studies of drinking to any degree being good for you was done by companies and groups which noone has ever heard of. So, don't believe everything you here.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 12-06-2004 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:

33% is still 33%!! 0% is much better! Get a designated driver like I am or a taxi. :D

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 12-06-2004 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Megabot:
That's why I can't drink to any degree. I can't can't be labled like that. The price of one life is too high. I've always said if you are not hurting others "fill your boots". Drink at home 'til your dead!

When my friends got married, his father was driving them in a rented Lincoln. He'd been drinking all night but insisted on driving them home too, even though the bride had not been drinking and wanted to drive. Father wouldn't here of it, so they drove home with me. It put a lousy ending to an otherwise wonderful day. :(
Father was and is an Ottawa Police officer...

OK, I think I'm all caught up. Damn I'm still a stupid Quincy! :(

[ 12-06-2004, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]

Legolas 12-06-2004 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

33% is still 33%!! 0% is much better! Get a designated driver like I am or a taxi. :D </font>[/QUOTE]But are you better off with a sober taxi-driver, or a drunk one?

Stormymystic 12-06-2004 09:29 AM

the last time I actually drove a car drunk, it was one of those how did I make it home ordeals... I went to see my husband. when I got ready to go back out with my bro, I lost my balance on the steps, caught myself on the door, almost had my balance, and he decided to open the door up to see if I was ok [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] bet you can't guess where I wound up? for some reason unknown.......I found that very funny, and my brother had to come and help me up so we could go to some more bars.....yeah after that night and being thankful I did not hit or kill anyone, I no longer drink and drive.

Q'alooaith 12-06-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Just last week on CBC radio, they found that all these studies of drinking to any degree being good for you was done by companies and groups which noone has ever heard of. So, don't believe everything you here.
Only just last week they found out they don't know who does all these studys...

It's not reasonable to assume that because you've never heard of a company that they are not totaly legitimate, for example I got a new mobile phhone on a network I've never heard of before from a company, who before I thought made boats..

Point is, you might never of heard of them before because that's all they do, run tests on what products will do to you.

Lastly, it's doctors that give this advice as well, they might not alway's be right but it's been shown in real figures of people who drink certain alcaholic drinks live longer than people who are teetotalers..

Everything in excess is bad for you, oxegen at high pressure is leathal.

When your drunk your not in full control, now it's your own fault for getting that drunk but your still not in control.. Or are you more in control than before but simply unable to apply any of the normal breaks and stops you would in a given situation..

Attalus 12-06-2004 09:45 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Quote:

Originally posted by Q'alooaith:
Look at the February 22 edition of the Journal of Clinical Nutrition. That's an organization that I know of and approve of.

Beaumanoir 12-06-2004 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Yeah, drinking is bad. Especially drinking water...

*Sips on his Guinness Extra Stout*

Call me crazy (*Waits for the witty people to post "You're Crazy") but what the bloody hell is guinness extra stout? I mean i know guinness, and I know guinness extra cold.. But.. Guinness being a stout... That's like saying... "Fosters Extra Lager (Now With More Lager Than Before").. Isn't it?

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 12-06-2004 05:53 PM

..funny thing is, even though I don't drink, I believe it's good for you in moderation. Specially red wine. It's hard to dipute all those studies. The others I take with a grain of salt. (what the heck does that mean anyway?)
..thing is that since I never drink, just one will makes me really tired and all I want to do is sleep.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 12-06-2004 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Legolas:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

33% is still 33%!! 0% is much better! Get a designated driver like I am or a taxi. :D </font>[/QUOTE]But are you better off with a sober taxi-driver, or a drunk one? </font>[/QUOTE]That's a good question and a scary one at the same time!

Oh, and I'm stealing your sig, it's way too. :D
..know where I can find one like it?