Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ENG-ER-LAND!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83165)

Davros 12-17-2002 07:13 AM

TODAYS SPORTS REPORT :D

At last the English cricket side taste success - after 12 straight games against Aussie opposition, and 12 straight harrowing, confidence rattling losses, the boys from Blighty struck success on their Australian tour. OK, it wasn't an Aussie scalp, but let's give them their due - Sri Lanka are a top ranked side.

On to more important topics - will the most famous shoulder in the southern hemisphere (ie that belonging to the Shiek of Tweak aka Shane Warne aka WARNIE) be healed enough for Aussie's impending world cup triumph?

And will Oceania be granted direct entry into the World Cup of football - stay tuned, for we will know the answer to that in about 4 hours time.

And finally, tickets to the England V OZ football match next February sold out in just 20 mins today - looks like the Barmy Army are looking for revenge, and believe their boyz must be "good things" to dish out an Aussie thrashing.

Grungi 12-17-2002 07:41 AM

thank feck i hate cricket [img]tongue.gif[/img] since ian beefy botham went there havent been any characters, nothing to give the game much life :( well david gowers a laugh i spose, it needs some real characters or it'll never be much fun :( plus england is pretty poor at most of the games it invents, cept snooker [img]smile.gif[/img] and obviously football

Davros 12-17-2002 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Grungi:
since ian beefy botham went there havent been any characters, nothing to give the game much life
Hold on - no characters - aren't you selling one Phillip J. Tufnell a bit short here :D .

Memnoch 12-17-2002 07:49 AM

Oh well, a bit of respite until the Boxing Day Test, anyway. :D

dragon_lord 12-17-2002 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Davros:
TODAYS SPORTS REPORT :D
On to more important topics - will the most famous shoulder in the southern hemisphere (ie that belonging to the Shiek of Tweak aka Shane Warne aka WARNIE) be healed enough for Aussie's impending world cup triumph?

Thats yesterdays news actually [img]tongue.gif[/img] The question is who will replace him if he doesnt heal in time? Australia will of course win it regardless, like they will win the the vb one day series ;) . Looks like it will probably be england we will be facing in the final. I wonder if they will put up a fight this time? I hope its better than the effort they put in with the ashes.

[ 12-17-2002, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: dragon_lord ]

Grungi 12-17-2002 08:05 AM

ah i forgot about tufnell [img]smile.gif[/img] but yeah 1 person is pitifully short of any other sport, even the "boring" ones like golf or snooker have some characters who just make the game more interesting, cricket rarely has that :( shane warne is an excellent cricketer but flat as a pancake personality wise [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Donut 12-17-2002 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Davros:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Grungi:
since ian beefy botham went there havent been any characters, nothing to give the game much life

Hold on - no characters - aren't you selling one Phillip J. Tufnell a bit short here :D .</font>[/QUOTE]You need to do more research! There is no such player as Phillip J Tufnell although we did once have a Philip Clive Roderick Tufnell aka "The Cat"!

Shoddy work Davros!

Grungi 12-17-2002 09:09 AM

aka "the dope" wasnt it? hehe anyone watch that episode of "they think its all over" v.v.v.v.v.funny program [img]smile.gif[/img] poor tufnell got slated all episode

Davros 12-17-2002 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Davros:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Grungi:

Hold on - no characters - aren't you selling one Phillip J. Tufnell a bit short here :D .</font>[/QUOTE]You need to do more research! There is no such player as Phillip J Tufnell although we did once have a Philip Clive Roderick Tufnell aka "The Cat"!

Shoddy work Davros!
</font>[/QUOTE]That's the fella

Philip Tufnell
He's a cat
Cannot field
Cannot bat :D

Aww bugger - I thought all your second names were John or James ;) - shoddy work I will admit - I was only guessing. I thought the sentence sounded as if it had more credence if I gave an initial - trust you to catch me out :D .

Did you snap up your ticket to the game in Feb?

Davros 12-17-2002 09:50 AM

LOL - I just saw the last line in Donut's sig - it's probably been there secretly baiting me for weeks and he has been having a quiet chortle to himself ;) . One day, justice will be done, and the urn will go to the winner of the series.