Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Oasis Forums (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102266)

ElfBane 09-04-2012 04:52 AM

Oasis Forums

Are they down? I get an "account suspended" page. As far as I know I'm in good standing there. Will one of the IW's that also frequent the Oasis look into this? Thank you.

johnny 09-04-2012 06:37 AM

Re: Oasis Forums

I get the same message. I havent been there in ages though.

Firestormalpha 09-04-2012 11:25 AM

It appears that it's the Oasis Forums account that has been suspended.

Ziroc 09-05-2012 07:47 PM

Well that sucks... :( Hope it comes back.. Cloudy, if you see this, give us some info. Hope you're well.

Azred 09-24-2012 11:32 AM

Sadly, The Oasis really died about a year and half ago (or was it two years)...I forget which. It is a long story and I won't damage any reputations by talking about it.

Cloudy and Nacht decided that it was not worth the money to keep the site active so they decided to let it expire, according to the note that Noty got the other day. I can't blame them--money is a vital necessity.

It was what it was and I was glad to be part of it. All good things must come to and end, though, and when it does all we can do is walk away then get over it.

Cloudbringer 09-30-2012 04:48 PM

Sorry gang, I've been offline the last few days. Messed up cable box or some such. anyway, Azred has the gist of it. The site is off for now- we let the server go but kept the domain. We may be able to bring it back and update at some point, but btwn my husband's job hunting and lack of funds and time on our part and low usage, we decided to let the server go for now.

Elif Godson 10-01-2012 01:15 PM

Hard times call for hard decisions. All the Best to you and yours Cloudy!

Cloudbringer 01-02-2013 01:22 PM

Thank you Elif. My husband is still out there looking. He's talked with a few other guys who were laid off by the last place he worked and they're still looking too, although one is delivering pizzas part time.... as he pointed out, not the work he he usually does (computer programs and hardware) but he's feeding his family and paying his rent... it is indeed a tough time!

Larry_OHF 01-04-2013 11:48 PM

Cloudy, he might fit in with my company at Vivint. I love my job and all the perks we get. I get tips from customers, the work is easy, I can go on and on about how great it is. With my computer background I fit right in with being technically-minded. It's all low voltage stuff and I've never had an accident or in danger in any way. I am a Lead Tech so maybe if I get in touch with the Regional in NY, he'd give a closer look to his resume than whatever Joe off the street. My company hires all kinds of backgrounds: former police, former military, computer background, cable background, customer service background...remember, I was working at a Credit Union before I got this job and less than one year later I was in charge of five guys. Our company is thriving. Look us up. We won awards last year for our Home Automation package deal, Customer Service awards, and so many other things I could brag about.