Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Problems with Irenicus' Dungeon . . . (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59427)

Anansi 11-30-2001 10:26 AM

I'm soloing the game as a gnome fighter illusionist on insane difficulty. My problem is that in Irenicus' dungeon on the first level, there are several important artifacts in trapped chests that I can't open without dying.

I don't have the find familiar spell yet and thus no ferret to do this with; I figured as I was only going to cast the spell once in the game I'd just get the scroll.

Any ideas for opening those trapped chests in Irenicus or his wife's chambers?

Thanks, Anansi

Anarion 11-30-2001 10:30 AM

Yeah! use imoen or Yoshimo to take out the traps :-P

Anarion 11-30-2001 10:32 AM

I suppose on reflection thats cheating for you if your soloing :) so id summon some kobolds or something and make them fall foul of the traps or something. and even if you are soloing im sure it wouldnt hurt to make imoen remove the traps anyway

Anansi 11-30-2001 10:37 AM

Can kobolds open chests?

It would be a perfectly in character thing for a mage to do.......

"Time for more...experiments..."

Bwahahahahahahaha

Dundee Slaytern 11-30-2001 11:13 AM

Dude, you are an Illusionist, rely on your strengths.

Try the following spells if you have them before stepping/activating a trap.

Stoneskin/Mirror Image

PS: You should have chosen Find Familiar as one of your beginner spells. You are a Mage class, you can always remove it from your spell slot when you are done with it. Only Sorcerers must not choose it.

Anansi 11-30-2001 11:32 AM

Yes that would be great, if I had those spells. Which I don't. And I meant that the space on the right hand side of the spell book is used up, not the slots on the left. And I am beginning to wish I had take find familiar...... oh well, it was only worth a lot of $$$ anyway........

Nifft the Nimble 11-30-2001 11:36 AM

(Minor) Spell Deflection will take care of many traps. Being an Illusionist/Thief would take care of all of them :-p

Good luck!

-- Nifft

Dundee Slaytern 11-30-2001 11:37 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Anansi:
Yes that would be great, if I had those spells. Which I don't. And I meant that the space on the right hand side of the spell book is used up, not the slots on the left. And I am beginning to wish I had take find familiar...... oh well, it was only worth a lot of $$$ anyway........<hr></blockquote>

Dude, last I recall. Your Gnome has 19 INT. What this means is that you will never run out of space on the right hand side.

Dundee Slaytern 11-30-2001 11:39 AM

Hmmmm... may I ask what spells do you know? And what Bhaalspawn powers do you have?

Anansi 11-30-2001 01:45 PM

1ST LEVEL - Magic missile, chormatic orb, spook, firends, indentify
2ND LEVEL - Blur, Invisibility, mirror image, web, knock
3RD LEVEL - Flameball, firearrws, monster summon 1, minor spell deflection, spell thrust, hold person and lastly invisibility 10 inch radius.

UPDATE: The mirror image has allowed me (after quite some reloads) to take the items, problem solved.

Thanks all!