Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Coca-Cola C2 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90537)

Lady Blue03 07-10-2004 04:46 AM

<font color=pink>Half the carbs. Half the sugar. Half the calories. I tried it today expecting it to have half the flavor as well, but amazingly it tasted little different than the original. I suppose this means I'll probably start drinking it to make my parents happy, lol.

This opinion is of course coming from a Coca-cola addict (Pepsi and all pepsi related-cola=nasty), so my opinion may be biased. OH, except I think Pepsi Vanilla is really good :D </font>

Bokken 07-10-2004 04:49 AM

Hey if they can make that, then they can make double the carbs, double the sugar and double the calories for me! If it's not toxic and hazardous to your health I'm not going anywhere near it!

Jorath Calar 07-10-2004 06:19 AM

Is it half price too? If not I say it's a rip off... [img]smile.gif[/img]

GokuZool 07-10-2004 06:31 AM

Is this some government intiative to reduce the number of fat kids in America?

If so, Australia should get it too - we have lots of fat kids. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

(That's what the ABS keeps telling us!)

[ 07-10-2004, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]

uss 07-10-2004 11:16 AM

Hmm, what's the catch? I remember hearing that Coca Cola Light is extremely unhealthy. I never drink Coca Cola myself but there's gotta be a catch. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Bahamut 07-10-2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Is it half price too? If not I say it's a rip off... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hehehe I like that. :D

Coke Light tastes light. Yeck.

I prefer the Red Coke, and the Blue Pepsi. Diet? Diet??? Tsss... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Rataxes 07-10-2004 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by uss:
Hmm, what's the catch? I remember hearing that Coca Cola Light is extremely unhealthy. I never drink Coca Cola myself but there's gotta be a catch. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Cola Light is about as unhealthy as sparkling water. Very hazardous to your teeth that is, but since it basically contains zero calories it cannot make you fat or anything.

Anyway, Cola with half the calories is still a hell of a lot of empty calories, sure hope no one buys something like that thinking they're being "healthy". ;) I used to be an extreme cola addict myself, at my worst averaging 10-15 litres per week, but quit drinking it a few months ago. I can honestly say I don't miss it one bit.

[ 07-10-2004, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]

Gangrell 07-10-2004 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rataxes:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by uss:

Cola Light is about as unhealthy as sparkling water. Very hazardous to your teeth that is, but since it basically contains zero calories it cannot make you fat or anything.

Anyway, Cola with half the calories is still a hell of a lot of empty calories, sure hope no one buys something like that thinking they're being "healthy". ;) I used to be an extreme cola addict myself, at my worst averaging 10-15 litres per week, but quit drinking it a few months ago. I can honestly say I don't miss it at all!
</font>[/QUOTE]I was the same with Pepsi, but now I don't either or. After drinking diet Pepsi for so long, drinking Pepsi again just leaves behind a weird after taste.

Animal 07-10-2004 02:17 PM

Anybody remember New Coke back in the 80's?

Yuck... :(

Vaskez 07-10-2004 04:14 PM

10-15 litres a week??! Bloody hell! I do a lot of sport and still only drink around max. 2 litres of coke or similar soft drinks per week. Then again, my sport drinking bottle is generally filled with water. For the record, I hate the taste of diet coke - nowhere near sweet enough :D