Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   My most hardest gut wrong feeling day, ever! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101955)

Felix The Assassin 04-08-2011 06:03 PM

My most hardest gut wrong feeling day, ever!

Born an a-hole, refined by 24 years in the Army, I have no problem looking you in the eye and telling you just exactly how screwed up you are, why, and how to fix it.

Through GI Bill and personal determination I have my MBA in grasp, with that, a promotion, and classroom experience on consideration of others training and civilians in the workplace counseling. None of which prepared me for today.

Since my boss has emotional spells, as his deputy, I got the duty of telling three civil servants today to remain home Monday (WITHOUT PAY), and remain home (WITHOUT PAY) until further notice. And collect their Common Access Card (CAC) and keys prior to sending them home, without even a simple thanks for a job well done from the director! I was hot! Furious to say the least. He could not even muster enough intestinal fortitude to tell those two men and one woman how important they were, and that of their families. (Family cook-out my place Sunday in between hail storms, do not bring anything other than your family)!

To top that off, my Soldiers asked me what it was like 15 years ago. I sadly could not remember, but called the spousal unit, and she relayed that pay was not affected. Their pay has already been affected.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT KNOW:
Active duty military pay was cut by 50% today, straight across the board! Will it get fixed? That can only be answered by congress. But understand this, if it's a Ft. Knox institutional Soldier here, or a Ft. Knox Duke Brigade Soldier, currently forward deployed into A-Stan, their pay has already been published on the military pay system for mid-month and a reduction of 50% has been adjudicated. If that is not the lowest blow to American Freedom, folks I do not know what is!

Congress however, will have no interruption in pay, benefits, or congressional cafeteria while they make even bigger fools of themselves not only in the eyes of me, but all of America, and a few foreigners as well!

:rant:

Timber Loftis 04-08-2011 06:16 PM

Re: My most hardest gut wrong feeling day, ever!

Coincidentally I just posted about the political side of this. But, to be fair, I thought I heard that Congress was going to suspend its own pay, too.

SpiritWarrior 04-08-2011 06:25 PM

Careful what you wish for, this is what "less spending" looks like.

Felix The Assassin 04-08-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timber Loftis (Post 1245288)
Coincidentally I just posted about the political side of this. But, to be fair, I thought I heard that Congress was going to suspend its own pay, too.

What I saw on National news, and what AC is reporting, they will get paid.
Quote:

Many federal workers, and even U.S. troops, would stop getting paid. But get this: the members of Congress who got us into this mess would still get their paychecks.
http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/0...till-get-paid/

Felix The Assassin 04-08-2011 07:41 PM

UPDATE on Military PAY: Folks, this comes from the DFAS.

http://www.dfas.mil/

Quote:

From Defense Finance and Accounting Service - DFAS
We have “taken down” all Leave and Earnings Statements (LESes) or "Advice of Pays" for Active Duty Military and Reservists. We will re-post LESes when we receive more information on the shutdown or enacted legislation that authorizes pay beyond April 8.
That was *NOT* there earlier!

The internet is a formidable ally, or foe!

This is what my Soldiers received at lunch today!
Quote:

If a CRA or appropriation is not passed before April 15, military members will be paid on April 15 for the period of April 1-8, approximately one half their normal mid month pay.

machinehead 04-08-2011 10:20 PM

Welcome to Tea Bag America, oh wait weren't you the one that thought they were the second coming? :crying:

Felix The Assassin 04-08-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machinehead (Post 1245292)
Welcome to Tea Bag America, oh wait weren't you the one that thought they were the second coming? :crying:

You are confused, re-look those old political post and you shall see I'm a centrist conservative. NOT a tea bagger, and you will also see where I chastised a few for supporting the eye doctor Paul from KY!

machinehead 04-09-2011 12:01 AM

I did a little searching and you are right so my apologies, you're just hard to read some times.

ElfBane 04-09-2011 04:20 AM

The Tea Party needs to go back to Wonderland.

Cerek 04-09-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior (Post 1245289)
Careful what you wish for, this is what "less spending" looks like.

<font color=plum>Unfortunately, you're right. It should look more like all our Congressmen and Senators getting a 50% cut in pay, since their salaries FAR outweigh those of military personnel and, thus, the same percent would have a much larger impact on the deficit. However, those that are responsible for the increased spending will make sure they are the least affected by any cuts in spending unless as a very last resort.</font>