Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Liverpool FC - the demise of a once great team (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89467)

Donut 03-01-2004 11:13 AM

Isn't it sad - they once ruled Europe, brushing away any team that came before them. Imperious, arrogant & fearless.

Now, following their tame 1-1 draw against lowly Leeds United, they sit in 6th place, 28 points behind the mighty Arsenal. A season in ruins, a Champions League spot for next year looking ever more distant. Even the legendary Scouse wit seems to have deserted them, their manager is clueless, their players ordinary.

Whilst Arsenal represent the Rolls Royce of the Premiership and cruise on with the likes of Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp and Pires, Liverpool are behaving like a rusting old Ford Cortina with players like the Hapless Heskey and the ever dubious Diouf!

How the mighty have fallen, I often look where they are placed and always get a crick in my neck because they are so far down the table.

There have been times when I've felt pity - but 2 seconds later I'm okay.

Does anyone here have a good word for them?

johnny 03-01-2004 11:15 AM

Shite.

Donut 03-01-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Shite.
They certainly are johnnyboy!!!!!!!

RoSs_bg2_rox 03-01-2004 12:06 PM

well I think that just about sums it up! Not much else you could really say about them :D

Xen 03-01-2004 02:28 PM

They just have a crysis. Like Inter. Lost 3:1 against Brescia for gods sake. :rolleyes:

But Barcelona won! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Arledrian 03-01-2004 02:40 PM

6th in a league of 20 teams isn't so bad really. They're only a win away from 4th place. Liverpool were once brilliant, but the last few years they've only ever been where they are now - in the sub-top. I find Leeds' demise more interesting. They were always pretty good, but it looks like they're out of the top flight this year.

Davros 03-01-2004 04:56 PM

Doesn't Memsie support that bunch of losers? ;)

Kakero 03-01-2004 07:58 PM

Nah, as Stephane Henchoz have said it " We're better than United ". :D

johnny 03-01-2004 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arledrian:
6th in a league of 20 teams isn't so bad really. They're only a win away from 4th place. Liverpool were once brilliant, but the last few years they've only ever been where they are now - in the sub-top. I find Leeds' demise more interesting. They were always pretty good, but it looks like they're out of the top flight this year.
They're out of the top flight for more than two decades. 4th place simply isn't good enough to their standards. A big club like Liverpool should be titlecontenders every single year. Tell the fans and the sponsors that 6th out of 20 teams isn't so bad, i'm pretty sure they'll convince you otherwise.

Arledrian 03-01-2004 08:29 PM

I'm talking about their recent years - of course it's crap compared to the glory days of the eighties and such, but have they really dropped significantly since the mid-nineties?