Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Project Image too powerful? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58990)

Dundee Slaytern 11-15-2001 07:32 AM

ToB Special Abilities and Shadow Dragon Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I have never used Project Image intensively before until now. The really cheesy thing about this spell is that it is an exact replica of your character.

Because of Project Image, I can fight 6-7 major battles before I need to rest to recharge my spells. I only casted one spell( Project Image) and obliterated the Shadow Dragon.

I was level 19 and had Time Stop and Improved Alacrity. My illusion... used the TS + IA + RoV + AoP combo and unleashed all its' offensive spells. My real Sorcerer meanwhile, just stood still doing nothing.

Needless to say... the same thing happened with the Shade Lord. The cute thing is... the illusion can cast Simulacrum too... ...

Any opinions on the spell?

Dundee Slaytern 11-15-2001 09:17 AM

*bump*

Morgeruat 11-15-2001 09:30 AM

that's just evil, I like it, I like it

Kaleban 11-15-2001 01:12 PM

What would happen if all you memorized at that spell level was Project Image? Would the PI you cast be able to cast PI? And so on?

It would be like those scenes in cartoons (anime mostly) where the villain makes copies of himself and only by killing the original does the hero win...

Fuzzy Animal 11-15-2001 01:16 PM

I really want this spell now!!! I have to wait till I'm level 22!!! *wimper* *sob* *cry*!!!

Dundee Slaytern 11-15-2001 01:21 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kaleban:
What would happen if all you memorized at that spell level was Project Image? Would the PI you cast be able to cast PI? And so on?
It would be like those scenes in cartoons (anime mostly) where the villain makes copies of himself and only by killing the original does the hero win...
<hr></blockquote>

Sadly, Project Image illusions cannot cast Project Image themselves, they can cast Mislead though. They also cannot use Spell Sequences and Contingencies. A small price to pay though, considering you still have access to the rest of the spells.

Dundee Slaytern 11-15-2001 01:23 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fuzzy Animal:
I really want this spell now!!! I have to wait till I'm level 22!!! *wimper* *sob* *cry*!!!<hr></blockquote>

Level 22 ain't that hard to attain when you are soloing. I'm almost level 22 now, and I'm just entering Firkragg's dungeon.

Fuzzy Animal 11-15-2001 01:26 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

Level 22 ain't that hard to attain when you are soloing. I'm almost level 22 now, and I'm just entering Firkragg's dungeon.
<hr></blockquote>Yeah you're right, till then I can always try the spell from the scroll.

Mitro Jellywadder 11-18-2001 10:18 PM

Projected image is quickly becoming one of my favorite spells. (Especially now that I have the Staff of the Magi and the Robe of Vecna.) It's basically a free you.

[img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]

samoza 11-20-2001 07:08 AM

Project image also cant cast sunfire for sum reason, a small price to pay though, what a great spell!