Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I am afraid of sitting cross legged. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92736)

Sythe 01-16-2005 02:04 AM

Silly I know!

But sometimes when I bend my leg a certain way, it all of a sudden in the inside "slips out of place" and it hurts like hell. I have to move it again (causing more pain) for it to "be back in place" Does this happen to anyone else? Or know why this happens?

Q'alooaith 01-16-2005 02:17 AM

I don't know why it happen's..

I don't have a problem stitting cross legged, but every so often I'll get somthing simmilar, moving hurts but not moving hurt as well..

Maybe ask your doctor next time your going for a checkup.. or go see him about it specficaly.

Blunderbuss 01-16-2005 06:19 AM

I can't really sit crossed-legged. When I get to a certain point, it begins to hurt. I don't mind though; I just don't sit crossed-legged. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

johnny 01-16-2005 08:32 AM

That's weird, sitting crosslegged works very relaxing for me. I usually sit like that through an entire movie. I don't recall ever sitting any different. If it wasn't for this office chair i'm sitting in, i'd probably be sitting crosslegged in front of the PC as well.

Mack_Attack 01-16-2005 09:36 AM

To get a better understanding of what is going I will need your age and milk intake from ages 10-12.

I also was sit with one leg under the other at work. I find this very comfy. ;)

Gangrell 01-16-2005 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sythe:
Silly I know!

But sometimes when I bend my leg a certain way, it all of a sudden in the inside "slips out of place" and it hurts like hell. I have to move it again (causing more pain) for it to "be back in place" Does this happen to anyone else? Or know why this happens?

You have weak joints that are easily dislocated?

Q'alooaith 01-16-2005 10:10 AM

could be that, or could be an indicant of a more critical problem..

Sythe 01-16-2005 10:22 AM

It started happening when I was around thirteen. And I am sure that I had enough milk while I was 10-12, when I always had breakfast for cereal. When I turned 14 I think I drank milk less frequently, 15 I almost stopped. Now at sixteen I do so a bit more often. I usually put on leg over knee but sometimes have more of those "slipping out of place" instances. I told my friends about this and they called it a "Charlie Horse" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

This rarely happens but it occurs more often if I excerise when I haven't in a long while.

Gangrell 01-16-2005 10:27 AM

How much milk you drink or when you exercise doesn't necessarily mean anything, a person's joints could be weak or unstable naturally since birth. I have arthritis in both of my knees which is the reason why one of them was dislocated.

Mack_Attack 01-16-2005 10:31 AM

LOL I was joking about the milk thing. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]