Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   where is hendak and glacias (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59412)

hmmm 11-29-2001 02:34 PM

Hendak has dissapeared after the slaver quest. I tried the baldur.ini etc etc thing but it has not worked. Pressing control and space only pauses the game.
Also at nalias castle glacias ran away and nowi cant find him.
Any help would be great thanks!!!

*Sinbad* 11-29-2001 03:01 PM

WELCOME!

I do not understand what has happened to Hendak, but I know that Glacias is gone forever.
And I think the cheatbar appear, whole in the bottom of the screen.

-*Sinbad*

Sir ReGiN 11-29-2001 03:01 PM

Yes, that Hendak thing happened to me too!
I just ignored it, though..
Perhaps someone else can help.

Oh before I forget..

<font color="red"> WELCOME TO THE </font><font color="aqua"> BEST</font><font color="red"> FORUM THERE IS!</font>

[img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img]

Galadria 11-29-2001 06:07 PM

The only time Hendak disappeared on me was when I had Nalia, who happened to be standing there, fire into Lehtinen. I've never done it, since, and never had the problem.Off topic>> I'm a Drow Warrior! Much cooler tan Manshoon! Just ignore me.Oh, BTW, welcome!

LennonCook 11-30-2001 04:38 AM

This is probably a bug... download a patch there are plenty at www.baldurdash.com
Also, try reloading a save before u finish the quest... BUgs like this are often only one offs...
AND WELCOME!!
[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Whailor 11-30-2001 04:46 AM

Never happened to me, neither of them, so I cannot help. Probably some glitch, maybe the patch or some fix from Baldurash may help.

I used once to have some weird issue with the De'Arnise Keep. Namely that no matter what I did, it got always overrun by trolls again. Basically I went in, cleared the whole place from cellars to roof, tripple checked it all and then got the keep to myself. It was mine, i.e. the picture showed the fixed castle and all that. I left the castle, came back after couple of days and dang, there it was in ruins again and trolls in it! Cleared the whole place, got it back, went outside, slept there and when I woke up, guess what? Trolls were back in. When I slept inside it was mine, but as soon as I left the area - i.e. left the castle, it was gone again. Beats me what it was, I had some extensive mailing going on with 2 guys from Bioware during that time too. They were working back then on the beta release of the first patch. After bunch of time, the patch was released, so I reinstalled the game and applied the patch and never had the issue again.

I am not sure though if the patch fixed it, since I play right now the un-patched version of BG2 (only the fixpacks from Baldurash are on) and I never had this issue again. Guess it was some weird glitch. Much like your dissapearing Hendak or Glacias, what I never had.. Basically apply the patches, check the Baldurash for additional fixes, that may help. If not, uninstall and reinstall and check again.

Mitro Jellywadder 11-30-2001 09:25 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hmmm:
Hendak has dissapeared after the slaver quest. I tried the baldur.ini etc etc thing but it has not worked. Pressing control and space only pauses the game.
Also at nalias castle glacias ran away and nowi cant find him.
Any help would be great thanks!!!
<hr></blockquote>

This has happened to me a couple of times before. Try looking in the arena area. Walk around to the area where the beastmaster was and Hendak should be standing around this area. I think, because of the AI, if your party is blocking the route for him to attack Letinan (sp?) Hendak tries to find another route and ends up getting stuck.