Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Stuck on the Neverwinter Woods Quest (quest spoilers in post) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35114)

Tiela 11-27-2002 01:17 PM

Spoilers welcome. I've got the potion to cure the Spirit of the Woods. The question is, how do I use it? If it's in my inventory and I click "use", then I use it on me. How do I use it on the Spirit?

Any help would be appreciated!

Tiela 11-27-2002 05:29 PM

Duh. I just realized that I have to fight the deer in order to get it to surrender - just like the werewolves. Oops.

Cloudbringer 12-17-2002 11:48 PM

Can you enlighten me, then? I've got it too and have no idea WHERE to go to use it. I've been in the spirit plane and back to the druid camp and can't figure it out! I freed all three druids and think I've explored everyplace but can't figure out what to do now!

the new JR Jansen 12-18-2002 04:16 AM

Just like what was said. You have to fight the deer in the spirit world. After you have beaten it down enough it should surrender and then you can talk to it.

Cloudbringer 12-18-2002 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Just like what was said. You have to fight the deer in the spirit world. After you have beaten it down enough it should surrender and then you can talk to it.
Oh crud, could I have killed it earlier? There's nothing IN the spirit world now! I went there first and don't recall details. I think I killed a dwarf madman and many fairies/sprites. Don't recall any deer! Have I MISSED something?

Dreamer128 12-18-2002 10:45 AM

Well.. you could go and speak to the leader of the Druids. If you get the 'the spirit is dead' dialogue option, then you know something went wrong. If not, the spirit is still 'alive'.

Cloudbringer 12-18-2002 01:05 PM

I did that a few days ago but hadn't rescued one of the missing druids so I just got a pep talk and "hope you can do something' about the spirit" speech.

Guess I can go back to him, but I just don't find any deer in the Spirit's world where I've gone 3 times now!

[ 12-18-2002, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]

Dreamer128 12-18-2002 01:35 PM

The deer is supposed to be somewhere near the temple/shrine.. however, you do not need to kill/cure the deer to continue the main quest. All you need is the journal of the Dwarf(I think).

Cloudbringer 12-18-2002 02:15 PM

I have the journal- just not sure where to go or what to do to help the spirit or move on in the quest.

Cloudbringer 12-18-2002 11:27 PM

OK, I'm STUCK!

I have the poison AND the antidote as well as the journal. I've freed the druids and I've spoken to the head druid, who keeps asking me if I've 'had any luck?" NO, dang it, I haven't! I can't find any Spirit to cure. I've been to the spirit plane and nothing is there. I've hung around the altar and nothing ...zip...nada...sigh... SPOIL ME, PLEASE!