Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   newbies meeting hall (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50682)

Azuth 02-02-2001 08:58 PM

I have been taking a back seat for a while, and I've noticed that some newbies are being left out. Converstaions between the regulars and refences to thing from perivous posts are leving people out in the cold. So i made this thread, to allow the newbies who wish to get to know each other, to do so, and so i leave you now to mix, mingle and congregate.

Ladyzekke 02-02-2001 09:29 PM

Azuth - This is a good thread! But please feel free to join in any of the "regulars" conversations as well, even if you don't "get" what we are talking about, many will fill you in. You will receive a warm welcome I assure you!

Malla Gabriel 02-02-2001 09:33 PM

sorry wrong thread. boy i feel dumb now.

Azuth 02-02-2001 09:41 PM

Thank you LadyZekke but no, last time I did I annoyed some by speaking stupidly. I'll just stick to reading and helpping people when I can.

Armisael 02-02-2001 09:50 PM

I annoy people far more than you ever will, Azuth mate. Shaddap and join in. : )

Azuth 02-02-2001 09:54 PM

Ask Yorick that, i mean i really annoyed him and so i will remain in the background. for now.

Ladyzekke 02-02-2001 10:14 PM

Hey, Azuth, Yorick is a friend of mine and I know I have disagreed with him before as well. Nothing wrong with friends having a disagreement, as long as you stay friends. And Yorick would be the first person to agree with me on this. Anyway, think on this, he is but one person in a huge array of people with different personalities on this board. Don't let one person dissuade you please. Try another dive in, don't dwindle in the background, I swear, you will not be dissappointed!

Memnoch 02-02-2001 10:40 PM

Azuth, Yorick came around to my place for a drink before he left and we actually had a talk about you. He actually felt pretty bad about flaming you. Don't worry, the only thing that annoys me are trolls, flamers and spammers. Everything else, i don't care about!

Memnoch 02-02-2001 10:50 PM

As a veteran member (all of 3 months!!) I just wanted to make a statement to all the newbies: feel welcome to join in on any thread! There’s no such thing as a ‘veterans’ thread and a ‘newbies’ thread. People are probably sick of me saying this, but newbies are treated exactly the same as veterans here. It’s just that some people have gotten to know some other people on the board a bit better and they may carry on some offtopic conversation in the threads, but it doesn’t mean than others are unwelcome to join in! As ladyzekke said, the more the merrier. It wasn’t so long ago that zekke was a newbie who felt like she wanted to be in the background. I was the same when I started. We want to strengthen bonds between members of this community while not creating the impression that others are unwelcome, ok?

turbovee 02-02-2001 10:58 PM

I know how I felt being the newbie all of a couple of months ago. Even though I wasn't posting right away, I read and eventually wormed my way into the mix. Read "50 ways to torture Anomen" if you have any worries about possbly upsetting someone. What turned into me trying to be funny really unnerved some folks. After a long string of conversation it got resolved and we learned a little more about each other in the process.