Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   A choice... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94412)

burnzey boi 10-29-2005 02:39 AM

If you were to be sentenced for a crime and they were going to remove all but one of your six senses, what would you want to keep?

Stratos 10-29-2005 07:23 AM

Probably that spooky 6th sense, if I had one. I wonder if it would let me see through the Force like Visas in KotOR 2?

Link 10-29-2005 07:48 AM

I wouldn't like to lose my sixth sense. Just today it saved me from a lot of trouble. I was rowing along in my single sculls, without a coach on the shore to warn me for anything. All of the sudden all alarmbells go off in my head, I look around to see I'm heading right at a bridge pillar. I quickly withdrew my oar, but was too late to actually avoid a collision. Of course, I flipped, eventually, but no damage or harm was done. The water wasn't that cold either.

All in all I think it's safe to say that without that sixth sense I would surely have wrecked (or probably damaged) a boat with a price tag of 3500 dollars.

robertthebard 10-29-2005 08:20 AM

Smell, although that may effectively remove taste as well, theoretically anyway.

Intrepid 10-29-2005 09:06 AM

Sight, but if my sixth sense was something like being able to sense all around me along with cool things like telekenits i'd probably keep that instead.

Aragorn1 10-29-2005 09:20 AM

touch

Iron Greasel 10-29-2005 09:37 AM

I need touch for without it I would not know where my limbs were. That would make walking very difficult. That would make everything else very difficult. Btw, you missed balance.

Callum 10-29-2005 10:52 AM

[vapid dreamy voice]

What about the sense of style?

[/voice] ;)

[ 10-29-2005, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Callum ]

Sir Goulum 10-29-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Callum:
[vapid dreamy voice]

What about the sense of style?

[/voice] ;)

That would be included in your sixth sense. ;)

Lucern 10-29-2005 07:38 PM

Iron Greasel has a point. You wouldn't want to lose your senses of touch I think (if we can group all those various receptors in the skin and further internally).

Aside from feeling more diconnected from the world around you than you may realize, people who genuinely don't have (to separate one) the sense of pain don't live very long. Years of not knowing when you need to shift positions for lack of proper blood flow add up somehow. Don't ask me how exactly. I read that people who can't feel pain rarely make it past 25, even adapting to it from birth.

I think I'd choose smell (losing taste too). Our sense of smell is pretty bad anyway, as a species. Living in a dorm is a feast of unpleasant experiences for both senses anyway :D

Edit: Very interesting that a site for PC game fans would currently favor losing sight. That would be the last one I'd give up.

[ 10-29-2005, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Lucern ]