Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Maybe Johnny's got the right idea... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91236)

Bungleau 08-05-2004 11:25 AM

Came across this link. Basically, it says that drinking makes you smarter... that people who have as little as one glass of wine a week score significantly higher on their tests than people who don't drink at all. 'Course, you can go too far the other way and get drunk (where you lose all those extra smarts), but I'm sure that won't be a problem around here [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Results were seen for up to 30 units of alcohol per week... or 4-5 per night.

And as Cliff Clavin explained on Cheers...

"Well ya see Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

"In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the lowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer elimates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

So go have a drink! It'll make you smarter... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Harkoliar 08-05-2004 11:33 AM

groan.. somehow that logic seems wrong yet right

Leonis 08-05-2004 02:09 PM

I abslitly agre. i alwys rite gooder after a fu in fact im drining rigth now how smrt am i/

Bozos of Bones 08-05-2004 02:17 PM

Yes, I think that you drinking right now is obvoius from the pile of letters in your 'post' [img]smile.gif[/img]
It has logic in it, and a very affirmative stance with the rest of the world.

Link 08-05-2004 02:31 PM

*go for the weaker braincells*

gulp!

Dron_Cah 08-05-2004 03:07 PM

Too bad the stronger brain cells cant mate, lol. Drink up, guys! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

Timber Loftis 08-05-2004 03:13 PM

Wow, up to 30 drinks a week can be good for you? That's just great! That gives me exactly enough to get through a typical week. Now, I just gotta figure out the excuse for my weekend drinks. :D

Attalus 08-05-2004 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Wow, up to 30 drinks a week can be good for you? That's just great! That gives me exactly enough to get through a typical week. Now, I just gotta figure out the excuse for my weekend drinks. :D
Just buy a bigger jigger. ;)

Stratos 08-05-2004 07:05 PM

I just had 1/3 of a bottle of vodka (a small bottle, mind you) , and I don't feel particularely smarter.

DrowArchmage 08-05-2004 08:07 PM

beer makes you smarter now that just sounds wrong