Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   W & W on WindowsXP for nonchiphead (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33177)

Shadow Walker 02-13-2007 06:39 AM

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! Hello everyone...I'm new on this site and I need serious help. I bought and played this game on WindowsME, very successfully, killed Lord Cet several times. Now I have WindowsXPhome and can't get to first base. I've read all you have posted, downloaded the patches and Virtualdub, and have no idea where to go from here. Does anyone have the time and patience to help me kill Lord Cet again?

Bungleau 02-13-2007 09:10 AM

Short answer... yes.

Long answer... in the Tech Tips thread, we've tried to identify everything you need to do *AND* tried to put it out there in a human-readable format. Sooooo.....

1. What have you done already?

2. What haven't you done yet?

3. What specific problems are you running in to?

Let's start from there and see what happens [img]smile.gif[/img]

bsftcs 02-13-2007 04:44 PM

Welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

PurpleXVI 02-13-2007 07:10 PM

Well, basically you need to use VirtualDub to load up all of the Avi files in the "townavi" directory and then "save as old avi format" them all. Next, back up all the existing avi files and rename the new ones to their names.

Aside from that, I'd suggest setting the shortcut to "Win95 compatability mode." That really ended a lot of crashes for me.

Shadow Walker 02-14-2007 12:59 AM

I have downloaded the program, it confirmed download, running with compatibility wizard, works best with Windows 95. I am able to start, make characters, can't get out the gate to the cemetary or into town hall in Valeia, I'm able to exit left gate and am able to do battle, on a couple of occasions the screen turned funny colors and got the message DEEP 6 message at the bottom center of the screen, then it froze. I've tried to gather the specs on my computer. Windows XP home version 2002 SP2 5.1, build 2600. Processor; AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2200+, MMX, 3D now, ~1.8 Ghz. Memory; 992 MB RAM 219 mbused, 2170 mb available. System Mfg. Micro Star Int. Model KM400-8235. Direct X 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904). I have downloaded Virtualdub, patch;W&WGraphi, patch;wwfaqv01, patch;wwpatchV1_0, patch;ww-townavi, patch; wiz8patch20. I'm afraid I know just enough to be dangerous. Hope you can help.

Bungleau 02-14-2007 02:05 AM

Exiting from the left gate and the funny colors are signs that you need to use virtualdub on the .avi files. Follow the directions in the Tech Tips thread, being sure to save the original files and rename the new files to the original names.

That's step one...