Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Raising the dead? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56467)

MethodBlade 09-01-2001 02:34 AM

How do I go about raising the dead? I have not been able to raise Aerie. She was killed during a fight with a dragon and her hits points are -12/46. I see her portrait but have not been able to give her life with either raise the dead or resurrection. Anyone have any clues?

Basher 09-01-2001 04:59 AM

Hi!

As long as you see her portrait, it should work. Cast the spell ON the portrait and she will pop up beside you. How did you do it?

Best

B

But be sure to get the weapons when they die.

Aurum 09-01-2001 11:12 AM

Hi!

Yep, if the portrait is gone, she is gone.

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.

JR Jansen 09-02-2001 01:03 AM

Problem here is that Aerie is an elf. Elf's can't be raised. If they die they need to be resurrected. So resurrection should work. Try it at a temple. Anyway the only thing i can think of is that you tried to cast it of a scroll. Then it will only work when you are at the same place where she died.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves

[This message has been edited by JR Jansen (edited 09-02-2001).]

Lestat 09-02-2001 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JR Jansen:
Problem here is that Aerie is an elf. Elf's can't be raised. If they die they need to be resurrected. So resurrection should work. Try it at a temple. Anyway the only thing i can think of is that you tried to cast it of a scroll. Then it will only work when you are at the same place where she died.

JR

Um... are you sure? I don't think so....

SSJ4Sephiroth 09-02-2001 01:30 AM

well my elf ranger got raised at a temple, so it doesnt seem to matter which race the character is. however, if its redded out, dont bother. also, id go for resurrection anyways. it costs less gold than raise dead then heal.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.
http://www.angelfire.com/games3/impg...ernateseph.gif

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Lestat 09-02-2001 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
well my elf ranger got raised at a temple, so it doesnt seem to matter which race the character is. however, if its redded out, dont bother. also, id go for resurrection anyways. it costs less gold than raise dead then heal.

Buy the Rod of Resurection. One of the best Item in the game, IMO

JR Jansen 09-02-2001 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lestat:
Quote:

Originally posted by JR Jansen:

JR

Um... are you sure? I don't think so....

Read the discription of the raise dead spell when it comes available for your cleric. It should say that elf's can't be raised and it should also say that when it is cast from a scroll that you need to be in the same place where that char. died

JR