Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Don't ask for 'cracked' copies of files here. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42809)

Ziroc 11-22-2001 06:52 AM

We don't support piracy, and it's plain bad taste. BUY the game, and you won't need to crack anything.

If any of you guys see any further people requesting 'cracked' exe files or whatever, email me. We won't put up with it--for christ sakes, W8 was barely released because of their tight budget, and you want to steal from them? [img]graemlins/headshake.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img]

Davros 11-22-2001 07:51 AM

Right on brother - it's a good game, and if you want it just go out and buy it. That's the first thing I will do, when the get the smeg around to releasing it in Australia (SIGH). Good for you Ziroc :D

Wyvern 11-22-2001 09:44 AM

Good, Ziroc!!

Put it together folks - the people who developed Wiz 8 or any other computer software product are real people with families and bills to pay just like the rest of us. This is how they make their living. To steal their work is to put them out of work - then no more games! Not a very smart move! The reduction in the possibility that you'll get caught "shoplifting" does not remove the fact that this is morally and ethically wrong. BUY THE GAME!!!

Wyv

lgl 11-22-2001 10:16 AM

I agree wholeheartedly. Ziroc's points are absolutely correct. Didn't any of you wonder why the game did not come with a registration card? The simple reason is... well there may never be another Wizardry from SirTech (I hope I am wrong here since this is by far one of the best, if not the best PC RPG ever released - in my opition). The game apparently barely made it out the door. Being a huge Wizardry fan this is very disappointing to me and it makes me personally very agree that people out there are pirating this or any other game. If we don't support the developer by buying the game then we are basically saying that you don't care about this company, this game, or it's future, or future releases ---- so why the F*#% are you playing it and enjoying it so much!!!

Glycerine 11-22-2001 10:28 AM

Kind of sick if you ask me...considering all the trouble Sir-Tech went through to get this game out the door. I think they had to publish it themselves didn't they?

Buy the game people...it's well worth it.

Glycerine

vesselle 11-22-2001 12:10 PM

~~ziroc~~

omg! i feel stupid. i had NO idea what "cracked" meant. i thought that guy wanted a non-zipped version of the file, and it sorta made total sense to me.

it really pains me that anyone would openly ask for help doing something so illegal. are people who use those versions of the game really that blatant? i mean, to ask for something illegal on a site where there are so many people who love the game is asking for trouble.

again, everyone, i'm sorry. i may be a dumb blonde, but i NEVER support piracy.

::hangs her head in shame, cheeks burning::

V***V

Wyvern 11-22-2001 12:30 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by vesselle:
~~ziroc~~

omg! i feel stupid. i had NO idea what "cracked" meant. i thought that guy wanted a non-zipped version of the file, and it sorta made total sense to me.

it really pains me that anyone would openly ask for help doing something so illegal. are people who use those versions of the game really that blatant? i mean, to ask for something illegal on a site where there are so many people who love the game is asking for trouble.

again, everyone, i'm sorry. i may be a dumb blonde, but i NEVER support piracy.

::hangs her head in shame, cheeks burning::

V***V
<hr></blockquote>

It's okay, V, we've all have to learn the vocabulary of the web sometime or another. Now that you know you can be one of the wise ones who will not support such an irresponsible request! :D

Wyv

Sazerac 11-22-2001 12:58 PM

Who's been asking for cracked files in here???? [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

I admit I must have missed the post...I thought there was someone asking about the "trainer" at one point, which there's a link to it from the IW Wiz 8 site, and someone wanting to know about the patch file, but cracking? No, no, no, no, NO, and may I repeat, NO!!!!!!!.

Do NOT come in here and ask for pirated files! For shame!! I need not repeat what has been said above, but get this through: your post will be deleted and I WILL recommend that you be banned from IW permanently. Anyone supporting such actions can expect the same. (Vesselle, don't worry...a mistake is a mistake, and understandable, whatever happened.)

PLEASE report any activity of this kind to me or Scronan post haste. Or better yet, let Ziroc know...he can probably act faster and do more than either of us regarding this.

Thanks,
-Saz

BlackRaven 11-22-2001 01:01 PM

It's good to see so many of you speaking out against piracy. Unfortunatly computer users have been fouling their own nests for years. Otherwise "good" people, who would never think of shoplifting or taking money from someone's pocket, think nothing of stealing programs and games. Some very good companies have gone out of business over the last several years due to lack of revenue.

When we wonder why it took so many years for Wiz 8 to come out, we don't have to look any further than our friends and neighbors with their illegal copies of Wiz 6 & 7. Will there be a Wizardry 9? Depends on how many copies of Wiz 8 we all make.

Sazerac 11-22-2001 01:13 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BlackRaven:
When we wonder why it took so many years for Wiz 8 to come out, we don't have to look any further than our friends and neighbors with their illegal copies of Wiz 6 & 7. Will there be a Wizardry 9? Depends on how many copies of Wiz 8 we all make.<hr></blockquote>

Well, I personally burn backup copies of all CD's I have, program or otherwise, but that's in case something happens to the originals. (Far fetched, but on a game I've been waiting this long for, I'm not taking any chances.) ;)

But that's for my own personal use. Heck, I've been thinking about buying Wiz 8 for Xmas presents for people just to drum up more sales for them.

Cheers,
-Saz