Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fav Character (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3003)

True_Moose 08-09-2003 03:13 PM

I usually fluke it, Khazza. I make sure my rolls are all over 85, but sometimes I fluke out. I've played the game so much that I do get god-like rolls every once in a while. I've never spent more than 15 minutes tops, rolling a character. Plus, I am a notorious character creator, so I have possibly more than 100+ characters sitting on my hard drive. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Xen 08-09-2003 07:16 PM

Just the two of us...making castles in the sky...shut up already! :D

I too have a tendency to make a characters every 5 minutes... [img]smile.gif[/img]

TheVulcanAndroid 08-09-2003 10:34 PM

Well, it took me about 5 minutes to get that roll. I originally decided I wanted a mage that could easily have max strength, so I sat there rolling and rolling for about 30 minutes coming up with very little luck. Then I decided to try for a bard, since bards pretty much need every stat, depending on what you want to do with them, and iirc, don't get to use charisma for their magic like they do in 3rd edition. I could be wrong on that, though. After 5 minutes of rolling, I got a NICE roll and kept it. Unfortunately I poorly assigned my attributes and she became absolutely useless. Or close to useless, anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Khazza Pilgrim 08-10-2003 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by True_Moose:
I usually fluke it, Khazza. I make sure my rolls are all over 85, but sometimes I fluke out. I've played the game so much that I do get god-like rolls every once in a while. I've never spent more than 15 minutes tops, rolling a character. Plus, I am a notorious character creator, so I have possibly more than 100+ characters sitting on my hard drive. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Guess I should not waste my money playing lotto. I just don't have any luck with numbers. yuk, yuk...

InsaneBane 08-11-2003 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Khazza Pilgrim:
Guess I should not waste my money playing lotto. I just don't have any luck with numbers. yuk, yuk...
No luck??? 98 is pretty good (even for a Paladin). Right now I am playing a Fighter/Mage/Thief and had to accept a total of 92. Not bad, but it could have been better [img]smile.gif[/img] . He is a little low in wisdom, but with 3 tomes of wisdom it will be much better [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane

Khazza Pilgrim 08-12-2003 12:03 AM

Believe me, I am not really complaining. Was pretty happy with that roll and made him into an Undead Hunter in SOA. As you can imagine, after using all the Tomes in TOTSC he was very powerfull. My comment was geared towards people whom have claimed rolls to start a game in excess of 100 or some that are almost straight 18's. I was just polling to see how long they rolled to get that lucky.
Personally, the Paladin in question took me about and hour and 15 min and thats the longest I have spent hitting the re-roll button.

Pyrenk 08-12-2003 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
Just the two of us...making castles in the sky...shut up already! :D

I too have a tendency to make a characters every 5 minutes... [img]smile.gif[/img]

That makes three of us, then :D I can't help it, there are so many characters that I want to play at the same time. I don't like using NPC's for tasks; soloing with a party (lol) is so much more fun. They talk to me, I do the work. Ah, life is good.

Pyrenk 08-14-2003 02:03 PM

Human Paladin: Eleasias (yes, August [img]smile.gif[/img] )

18 Strength
18 Dexterity
18 Constitution
13 Intelligence
14 Wisdom
18 Charisma

Beautiful...99 points :D Took me only 5 minutes, too, and I wasn't even trying to get a roll this high.

By the end he should be at 19/19/19/14/17/19 (Cha-21 w/ Algernons, although getting that will be a problem.)

ADD-The strange thing is that it took me only 5 minutes. I rolled for about 3 until I got an 89, and I saved it. I then re-rolled, and recalled. I repeated this, and in ~2 minutes I had my 99. I'm not sure if recalling/re-rolling has any effect, but it's a possibility.

[ 08-14-2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]

Xen 08-14-2003 02:15 PM

Your`re a lucky man. :D

Aginor 08-14-2003 04:39 PM

Over the years I have become a Cleric. My first character ever was a ranger, but now on my eleventh time through the I'm a Cleric of Helm (and of course i'm a Lawful Neutral in real life too according to tester out there) for the fourth time in a row. Because i'm the type of guy who always wants to be in the middle I usually start with a fighter and dual at level 4. Meaning I'm a battle cleric! Cant really stand the always good dooing priest "Anyone need healing"...

My current one looks like this:

Human (always)
Name: Taishar Rann (always)
Lawful Neutral (always)
Starting stats:
18/19

Got this amazing total of 99 in about ten minutus. I used Imoen's sword to get my jaw off the floor! I have rolled much in my days, very much. Baldur's Gate, BG2,ToB and IWD, thats A LOT of rolling. My previous best on was 96 with a paladin in BG2, and its easier to get high scores with paladins than eg. a Fighter so...

Helm yeah!