Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Witcher questions (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98160)

toot033 11-11-2007 06:19 AM

Witcher questions

I have 2 questions reagrding the witcher ( mainly in chapter #2).
1) How do you get into the cemetary? The gravedigger gives an option to give him a gift but I have no clue. I would really like to do the alchemists quest and I know I have to go there.
2) Does any one have a good stragedy agains the ^*#(*&'ing Echinops??? I can't get near them on the swamp with out them taking me out, my fire skill only seems to due minor damage and I thought the deflect arrow skill would work against them? I defeated the 2 in chapter 1 by being able to run away and rest between combat and I never got more than 3 in the cave run.
As usual any and all help is appreciated!

Gabrielles blades 11-12-2007 04:18 PM

Re: Witcher questions

for echinops, run up to them and cast fire spell then use strong silver fighting on it, if you ever get stuck and dont seem to be swinging anymore just move out and back in to reingage or use the fire spell again. Another method of getting close is using the shield spell - easy to engage too since your not on the defence under the spell.

For the cemetary i'm not sure, but i believe you need to have completed the autopsy quest before you are able to get the quest to get inside of it.
after the autopsy youll need to either get permission from meis or do a favor for the gravedigger.

toot033 11-12-2007 05:10 PM

I'll try that run and strike feat. I also found out the one in the swamps is a special one shot one thta unless you kill it at the your 1st encounter, it will randomly pop up until you do defeat it. I had it show up by the clay pits and the old hut.

Attalus 11-26-2007 02:58 PM

I've got a question aboutThe Witcher: where is the earliest place to get a silver sword?

toot033 11-26-2007 05:55 PM

You get your silver sword in act 2. It makes it pretty challenging in act #1 against all the ghouls and echinops ( the 2 things you can turn into the royal huntsmans are a real pain as well).

Attalus 11-28-2007 10:25 AM

Fair enough, thanks. How about a torch? I really, really need a torch in that &^%*% crypt.

toot033 11-28-2007 07:48 PM

I would wait until you can create a " cat " potion. It will make your life easier and I personlly think he looks ( and would feel like) like a big sissy carrying a torch. But in one of the houses out side of town where the reverand is has one. My advice is to do the crypt first, get the fire sign while down there, complete the quest to the guard and then go back to the crypt. There is a boss monster the headsman will give some good gold for and a nice chunk of xp. I would then lurk around the mill ~ midnight and do the other trophy quest ( he can be mean as well). Don't do Odo or the Echinops until you do these 1st and are able to empower your fire spell.

Unglaublich Verwustung 12-28-2007 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toot033 (Post 1195181)
Don't do Odo or the Echinops until you do these 1st and are able to empower your fire spell.

Now you tell me...I got the demo just so I could see what the Witcher was like and did both of these before I found the fire spell (it's dark in the crypt).

The Echinops are tough though; I used Swallow just to try and keep in there, and Odo getting you drunk before you fight them makes it even harder - but they are a definite 'get in close and fast', once there keep on with the combinations until your sword arm aches.

Now if only I can figure out what it is with Odo's dog...?

Need to go out and buy the full version now as I'm completely hooked.

toot033 12-28-2007 10:15 AM

I found that going to the camp site north of Odo's farm and resting for a few hours will cure your hang over. Also, the echinops will come out at night so if you don't get them the 1st time around wait until late and go back sober.

wuz_up 01-11-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toot033 (Post 1194199)
I have 2 questions reagrding the witcher ( mainly in chapter #2).
1) How do you get into the cemetary? The gravedigger gives an option to give him a gift but I have no clue. I would really like to do the alchemists quest and I know I have to go there.
2) Does any one have a good stragedy agains the ^*#(*&'ing Echinops??? I can't get near them on the swamp with out them taking me out, my fire skill only seems to due minor damage and I thought the deflect arrow skill would work against them? I defeated the 2 in chapter 1 by being able to run away and rest between combat and I never got more than 3 in the cave run.
As usual any and all help is appreciated!

For the cemetary, talk to raymond who will tell you the body's been moved, then talk to shani about the autopsy. then go talk to the gravedigger & tell him you need to get inside the cemetary. Then talk to thaler the fence to clear the debt. then return to the gravedigger and say the debt's cleared and he'll give you the key.

for echinops, unless you want to kill them for the gardener's contract, the most effective strategy seems to be to run away and try to stay out of their reach. you may need to get a higher level b/f this works for you.