Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Has anyone tried this??? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59072)

Darlon 11-17-2001 04:18 PM

Ok this may be considered cheating but, what the heck I'll tell ya anyway. ;)

I figured out a way to save all your stuff instead of losing it all, first export your character with your best stuff, second right away push pause before your chacter makes that hurting sound (or whatever its called), and your stuff shall we there, third drop all your stuff on the ground, then unpause; after the cutscene between you and your "captor" get out of your cell and move your cursor over to your cell and your stuff shall be there, (although you can't save your money tho :( ).

Like the subject says: HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS???

Barloc 11-17-2001 04:26 PM

i think someone mention this before. i cant try this cause i never bought bg1 :D

Mack_Attack 11-17-2001 04:36 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Darlon:

I figured out a way to save all your stuff instead of losing it all, first export your character with your best stuff, second right away push pause before your chacter makes that hurting sound (or whatever its called), and your stuff shall we there, third drop all your stuff on the ground, then unpause; after the cutscene between you and your "captor" get out of your cell and move your cursor over to your cell and your stuff shall be there, (although you can't save your money tho :( ).

<hr></blockquote>

I have heard of this one too. But only after I finished the game. :mad:

Legolas 11-17-2001 05:07 PM

In the words of Jan Jansen:
A standard tactic, that [img]smile.gif[/img]

There are a number of people who do it this way. It's annoying to lose your hard-won stuff in such a way, so it's justified in a way.

There's a second method too:

Start a multiplayer game with a normal character.
Once the cutscene is over, modify the characters.
Import a character from BG1 and continue the game
Play santa and give away the 'presents' to the other partymember(s)
Modify characters and delete the imported character (or just dump him/her)

Then you can:
Save the game
Move the folder from the MPsvae folder to the save folder
Play on in singleplayer mode

And it's not considered cheating, but it will upset the game balance (you'll have better items and/or more gold from the start)

Cerek the Barbaric 11-17-2001 06:20 PM

Darlon,

YES!!! I found out about this right after starting BGII for the first time. I went back and re-exported my character and tried.....
IT WORKS!!!!!! I brought in a fighter that I specialized into a Wizard Slayer. I had Bala's Axe (80% chance to cause Miscast Magic) from BGI and I REALLY wanted to bring it into BGII.

I'm up to around 15th level now (just killed Firkraag for the first time last night), so the Axe is becomingly increasingly LESS useful (it's only +2). Still....it was GREAT in the early stages of the game and still works good against regular mages.

Svenman{GUARD} 11-17-2001 08:48 PM

Ive heard of this somewhere before but ive never actually tried it. maybe ill try it tonight on a different file...

Witchdoctor 11-18-2001 11:56 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Darlon:

<hr></blockquote>

You're right that you can't import your money, but you could take the
save game that you export from BG I and use all the extra money to buy gems or really expensive magic items (before you quit BG I). Those items would then be in your inventory when you import the game or character to BG II. You can then sell them when you get out of Irenicus's dungeon for cash. In some ways this isn't really needed, since there is much more money available in BG II than in BG I.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Witchdoctor ]

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Witchdoctor ]</p>

Galadria 11-18-2001 12:44 PM

Yep, I do that whenever I start the game over, if you do it in multiplayer, you just reimport stuff from your other saved games.That way, if you have an item in ANY game, you can have it in EVERY game.