Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Ultra Violent Anime (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40335)

Sir Degrader 01-05-2005 09:34 PM

Can anyone recommend me some ultra violent anime?

Jorath Calar 01-06-2005 01:36 AM

Here and here.

[ 01-06-2005, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]

uss 01-06-2005 04:02 AM

Nice reply, Jorath! :D

Seriously, Elfen Lied(pronounced Leed like in German) was quite a bloody anime series that also has full frontal nudity in it. Due to massive amounts of the aforementioned features(flying limbs and the like), I think it's never going to be dubbed to English.

The old classic 1988 anime movie Akira and the Neon Genesis Evangelion epilogue movie End of Evangelion are also pretty violent. They weren't nearly as violent as Elfen Lied but IMO they were more effective.

Hivetyrant 01-06-2005 07:22 AM

Pffft thats easy.
Ninja Scroll ;)

uss 01-06-2005 11:14 AM

I haven't seen Ninja Scroll. [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img] I've heard it's extremely good(the movie, not the TV series).

Which reminds me, the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs - the prequel of the series - were extremely good. In fact, they were pretty much the complete opposite of the TV series. It had very detailed, gory and realistic sword fights and had an excellent although slightly slow-paced plot.

Zuvio 01-07-2005 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by uss:
I haven't seen Ninja Scroll. [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img] I've heard it's extremely good(the movie, not the TV series).
The series are also good! They come near to the quality of the movie, style is the same and story, well, it's only 13 eps so it can't be *that* much a waste of yur time ;) I recommend them!

And Kenshin, Reminiscence is at #1 spot @ animenfo.com
*BUT* I strongly recommend you see the end of the series: Seisouhen. It's 2 shows. It made me weep at the end ;) A must see if you like Kenshin. It's the true final.

Now as for ultra-violent, I recommend The Fist of the North Star, the movie offcourse. Loads of blood, more than your screen can handle.

[ 01-07-2005, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Zuvio ]

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 01-07-2005 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
Sorry but, you sound like a total sicko' there. Could you explain why you would want something like that? I just don't understand.

[ 01-08-2005, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]

Morgeruat 01-07-2005 09:11 AM

lets see, off the top of my head, I'd recomend "The Professional: Golgo 13" (the sequel not so much), and Crying Freeman. Fist of the North Star isn't bad the first time you watch it, but gets worse with each replay.

uss 01-07-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zuvio:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by uss:

The series are also good! They come near to the quality of the movie, style is the same and story, well, it's only 13 eps so it can't be *that* much a waste of yur time ;) I recommend them!</font>[/QUOTE]I once saw the 2 first episodes of it and didn't like them. I can't really remember what I disliked about it, but I simply didn't want to watch any more. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Oh well, once I watch the movie and then the series, I'll probably love it. ;)

Quote:

Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Degrader:

Sorry but, you sound like a totsl sicko' there. Could you explain why you would want something like that? I just don't understand. </font>[/QUOTE]You shouldn't be so surprised. After all, violence *is* entertaining, as is horror.

Also, in some action anime(especially recent ones, I believe), there's no blood in fighting scenes, which is quite silly. Imagine swordfights that don't show a single blood gushing slash.

[ 01-07-2005, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: uss ]

Zuvio 01-07-2005 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Degrader:

Sorry but, you sound like a totsl sicko' there. Could you explain why you would want something like that? I just don't understand. </font>[/QUOTE]Clockwork Orange came from the same man who made FMJ and Space Odyssee. And just like Kill Bill, they're absolute hits. Violence is a natural part of the human psyche. It even has a reason of being such. Ultra violence, not done in real life, is a form of entertainment to some. To others, drama, romance, Dr.Phil and Gilmore Girls are forms of entertainment. To me, that's absolute horror. Try explaining the human mind, drop me a note when you figure it out ;)