Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Heroes of Might and Magic (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72914)

Durwyn 01-08-2002 09:18 PM

Well, to be honest with ya, I've grew up playing HoMMI and HoMMII, about 2 years ago I was heavily into HoMMIII hehe. And now, a new and very improved HoMM is coming out! HoMMIV. Trust me, if you like D&D or IWD or BG, you will love HoMM! Any of it, but HoMMIV has new improved interface, graphics, monsters, everything. It actually includes quite a big RPG factor in it as well. I mean you see yourself as a Horsemen on a miniature map, you ride around, you have run points, when you run out of run points you'll need to rest to get them again. And whenever you battle, the game switches to something like IWD or BG, where you see your troops from the top-sided view. And they also have run points, and you take turns hitting your enemy. So its very similar to BG and 3rd Edition D&D Rules. If you played Pool of Radiance (bleh) you'll know how the battles go.

So does anyone else here like HoMM or planning to get HoMMIV?

fable 01-08-2002 10:13 PM

Back in early '01 it was supposed to be ready for the holidays, but since then I've not seen any target date on HOMM IV. 3DO is having a lot of problems, too. It seems that the only smart thing the CEO did was purchase New World Computing; everything else his firm has released has either thudded quietly or crashed in flames.

And they've definitely overmilked M&M for 6-8. I'm hoping HOMM IV doesn't fall prey to the same philosophy of pushing as much out the door as quickly as possible.

sylent 01-08-2002 11:33 PM

Bring on HommIV!!
I played 3 first, and really liked it, then went on to try out number 2, which one of my friends claimed was much better than number 3.
I got Armageddon's blade, but didn't play it that much, then saw what looked like another add-on in a shop... it was "heroes chronicles", and I thought it looked alright... after taking it home and playing it, I found that it only had 8 new campaign missions... sure it was 1/2 the price of a normal game, but I thought that was pretty scummy from 3do.

Lets hope number 4 is a winner.

KHaN 01-09-2002 02:48 AM

Anyone remember King's Bounty? Just curious to see if there are any old timers out there.

Glorfindel 01-09-2002 02:58 AM

Did ne1 else have problems with HOMM2 on their computer..... and on Windows 98????

fable 01-09-2002 02:59 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KHaN:
Anyone remember King's Bounty? Just curious to see if there are any old timers out there.<hr></blockquote>

But of course. [img]smile.gif[/img] It was a fun game, and an unusual one for NWC, because your success was timed according to a specific number of moves. I think I still may have a copy of it, somewhere.

Grojlach 01-09-2002 04:20 AM

Hmm, it's been almost a year since I saw the HOMM4 screenshots, which looked promising... Like fable said, back then the game was supposed to be released for the holidays, but I haven't stumbled on any official news since then.

Sir ReGiN 01-09-2002 04:35 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KHaN:
Anyone remember King's Bounty? Just curious to see if there are any old timers out there.<hr></blockquote>

Oh King's bounty! Now that was a game worth playing.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lifetime 01-09-2002 05:58 AM

Oooh HOMM..
I've had lots of good times with that one. I liked HOMM2 the best. HOMM3 was great but.. I sorta just liked HOMM2 better. HOMM4 is supposed to be more of a revolution rather than an evolution.. I wonder how it'll turn out.

Vaskez 01-09-2002 06:03 AM

Heh played HOMM2 first then tried out HOMM1 which was crap in comparison. HOMM3 was/is wicked. Bring on HOMM4....if I have time I'll be playin a few games on here:

www.toheroes.com

Although how people get into hundreds of games I have no idea, they must be playing like 10 hours online HOMM a week.