Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Yoshimo Questions (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50355)

BLACK KNIGHT 01-18-2001 03:48 PM

SO. What would happen if you told Yo-Boy to go for a flying leap at in the first chapter? Killed him, whatever. What would that do to the plot line? Just a thought . . .

Khanar Tor'vel 01-18-2001 04:04 PM

I bet you can't "chunk" him. I also bet the game would just recreat him when it need him if you did kill him.

G.W. 01-18-2001 04:35 PM

Someone obviously doesn't know how to preserve Yoshimo or realize how powerful he is as a fighter-thief, potentially the second best fighter in the game.

Besides it wouldn't make a difference, if he's not in the party in chapter 4, he's not in the plot.

Kuthuman 01-18-2001 04:39 PM

I killed him, it only effects the story if you have him in your party while you go to the asylum. Also in answer to your why kill him, you have to any ways, so why not speed up the process?

G.W. 01-18-2001 04:44 PM

You lose out on a quest if you kill him ahead of time. He doesn't fight you if he's left behind. Also, you can keep him in your party the whole game if you like, just as you may be able to preserve underdark items. That's what I was referring to in saying you can preserve Yoshimo.

Ladyzekke 01-18-2001 06:16 PM

Hey BK, did you get any books yet? Just curious.

Squirrel's_Avenger 01-18-2001 08:10 PM

how can you preserve Yoshimo? I've tried everything. My favorite was turning him to stone and then reviving him when i returned from the asylum. he immediately exploded. I would love to use Yoshi the whole game. Please spoil on that point. I just want to hear his speech at the final battle. "Uhhhhhm...... How the hell did I get here?"

G.W. 01-18-2001 09:59 PM

Maybe he explodes at the final battle. (Dunno, will have to try to get him through). Anyway... one way is to leave him behind before Irenicus in Chap 4. He will die as soon as you see him again. Thus the best place to leave him should be the inn at Spellhold, right next to the door. Pause as soon as you get in and talk to him and invite him into the group, he dies, then resurrect.
Another possibility is killing him so he is grayed out before you enter the Asylum, then raising him after Imoen is standing around. See if this works.

G.W. 01-18-2001 10:40 PM

Ha ha you evil Yoshimo killers--you lost out on 200,000 exp!

G.W. 01-19-2001 12:11 AM

OK, I just tried the "dead Yoshimo in the party" trick and it doesn't work. Irenicus gives the same old speech and Yoshimo is removed from the party. Perhaps you can restore that game where Yoshimo is petrified and as soon as he is turned to flesh you pause and talk to him and get him in the party.