Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Age™ Origins (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Awakening - Alistair (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101402)

Aelia Jusa 03-19-2010 02:01 AM

Awakening - Alistair

Hey, I have just received Awakenings and have played about an hour. I imported my character from Origins who had a romance with Alistair; I did the Morrigan's baby ending and Anora was queen so the end blurb chatted about how my character and Alistair toddled about together continuing their relationship while battling the remainder of the darkspawn. However! No Alistair to be seen so far and no explanation as to where he is, and a few comments about how my character is the only grey warden about the place. I am perturbed! I know some don't, but I like Alistair and was hoping he would be in Awakening. Does anyone know if he will be? No "I hope he isn't, Alistair is a douche" type comments, please :)

Hayashi 03-19-2010 05:46 AM

Re: Awakening - Alistair

Hey Aelia
You may want to put a spoiler tag on your title, since it contains info about the end game. Some of us here haven't reached that far yet... like me :mad: :(
:)

Arcalian 03-19-2010 06:28 PM

In Awakening? Yes.

As a party member? No.

Felix The Assassin 03-20-2010 08:47 AM

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

My ending was similar, however, Alistair departed, and walks the wilds as a drunk. Years later a small band attempted a coup, but Alistair was never placed among them.

That eludes to me that he is gone, gone as, good as gone kinda gone. I think he should make a return in the game, for playability sake. Especially if the other characters are available.

Sparhawk 03-20-2010 03:22 PM

Minor spoil included

Who knows if Bioware will put him in the next expansion - for my game it was not possible as I made him King of Ferelden - thus he will make a small cameo wishing me good luck and so on...

T-D-C 03-22-2010 01:06 AM

SPOLIER!!!!

He only gets a mention if

A) he became King at the end.
B) He bcame king, married anora and you were still his consort
C) He didn't become King but remained to lead the Gray wardens.

CerebroDragon 03-22-2010 02:48 AM

Alistair is a spineless whiny, wishy washy douche. (Just kidding...couldn't resist)

I actually like Alistair as well. He has that charming reluctant hero theme going on (a kind of extension of Khalid you might say) and a fun witty sense of humour. I really liked the scene where he confronted my character's decision to kill Connor, whilst in camp. That was some good morality focused roleplaying.

Hopefully he does appear in your game somewhere or at least get a mention. It'd be a failure on BioWare's part if he wasn't, I think.

Spoilerish info from Origins Ending:

In my second playthrough, as in Felix's game, he became a drunkard (kind of reminded me of Caramon from Dragonlance after the seperation from Raistlin) after I'd sided with Anora to see what the non-killing Loghain option was like. I'd made him king however in my very first playthrough.

Similarly, I'll be on the outlook for references to Morrigan...as my character wasn't too keen on her decision to sever contact with his child forever. ;) If that sub-plot isn't resolved in Awakenings, then surely it'll have to cross over in the sequel.

Felix The Assassin 03-22-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CerebroDragon (Post 1239150)
Similarly, I'll be on the outlook for references to Morrigan...as my character wasn't too keen on her decision to sever contact with his child forever. ;) If that sub-plot isn't resolved in Awakenings, then surely it'll have to cross over in the sequel.

WAIT, Wait one. Let us vote for a remix per say. Morrigan is found, and is a tribunal leader, and her child is tainted with dark spawn blood which needs the Grey Wardens, and the Grey Warden elder in is need of passage to the pasture kinda carry onward theme.

CerebroDragon 03-23-2010 03:46 AM

That's probably a little bit tame by Morrigan's standards, Felix. I'm thinking she has far more darker intentions. ;)

I'm envisioning her raising the child in the same pattern as Flemeth did her - deigning to eventually consume its essence to stay alive and perhaps the powers of the archdemon itself, creating a new threat. :)