Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Game that started it all.... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89216)

The Fallen One 02-01-2004 06:04 PM

what was the first game you played? and when was it?

my first game was Super mario world (it came bundled with my SNES) and that was back in 1990 (or 1991 dont remeber exactly)

Zero Alpha 02-01-2004 06:16 PM

Tetris

it was and is a classic, and was the first thing i played that really got me hoocked on computer games. :D

granted, it was the first game i played :D

johnny 02-01-2004 06:18 PM

Depends what you mean. My first console was the NES, i got it with six games: Mario 1,2, and 3, Konami soccer, a track and field game, and an icehockey game.

I don't exactly recall what my first PC game was, either a game about the American civil war, or Settlers 2. Perhaps both, dunno anymore. Sorry. :D

Vaskez 02-01-2004 06:27 PM

The first game I ever played was Pong on a dedicated pong console that you plugged into your TV. But didn't really like it that much.

We got our first PC when I was 6 and I played space invaders on it a lot. That was the first game I played a lot but it wasn't really that inspiring.

The first game that I really liked and really got me thinking that actually gaming can be addictive was North and South on that first PC (it was an 8Mhz 8086 with a 20MB HD and 640K RAM hehe).

Sythe 02-01-2004 07:53 PM

The first game I played was a kiddie game. A game for toddlers. Called Fattie Bear or something like that.

But after I played that game I played my first real game. Which was an FPS called Doom. I played it when I was five years old. LoL I was exposed to so much violence when I was young. I even played it even though it gave me nightmares almost every night. Till I was six.

WillowIX 02-01-2004 07:54 PM

Hmm the first game I started to play regurlarly was Colonization. Then it all went downhill from there. ;)

Jorath Calar 02-01-2004 08:07 PM

I got my first computer, a glorious Commodore 64 when I was 13... in 1988, my uncle gave it to me and it came with few games... I liked Bruce Lee, the old platformgame best at first and played it a lot. about 2 week later I bought my first game, it was called Operation Horuz or Hormuz not sure which, but it was a sidescrolling fighterjet game, you flew a Harrier jet and basicly had to destroy... everything... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sagramore 02-01-2004 09:11 PM

First game ever was Super Mario World for the SNES...i remember i wsa 5 and my dad would only let me play it for 10 minutes at a time...those were the days!

Gangrell 02-01-2004 09:19 PM

The first game I played was Mario on the regular Nintendo game system when I was about two and a half. Good times, good times :D

Timber Loftis 02-01-2004 09:31 PM

Space invaders and pac man on Atari. Oh, and circus atari and Pitfall.

When NES came along, Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Metroid, MT Punchout, etc.