Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   what to do in first town? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62043)

Stillwater II 05-13-2002 01:54 PM

I've kinda explored the start-town, but have yet to to a strider-ride. I've explored the marshes and found the jumper(very funny), but have only done/found one quest -- the tax guy. Is this town as boring as it seems? I heard of some bandits, but couldn't seem to find them (If I recall correctly, they should be near the siltstrider). I also explored a few tombs. But is that all?

DraconisRex 05-13-2002 03:06 PM

Due North. Behind a rock. Door in the hill. Do NOT go over the hill.

Stillwater II 05-13-2002 03:13 PM

mild spoiler
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
is that the place with the 3 slaves? If so, I found & freed them, killing a few slaver-types (I assume they're slavers) in the process. Is that the place, and are they the bandits I'd heard about earlier? If so, do you have to "report back" to someone to get credit for the kills?

Gary Larson 05-13-2002 05:15 PM

Killing bandits isn't a quest. It was just a tip for something you can do for practice and loot.

vesselle 05-13-2002 05:27 PM

~~stillwater~~

that's pretty much it for the first town. altho i did find a 3rd body lying around and another location, besides the tombs and slavers to check out.

:D

also, there is the start of what i am thinking is a very big deal right under your nose in the first town. of course, it helps to be a thief for a litte B&E on one of those doors that has a pretty high lock on it. well, "high" for that area and your level. [img]smile.gif[/img]

if you want more info, just ask. i'm such a cornucopia of knowledge. LOL!

V***V

:eek:

Stillwater II 05-13-2002 05:30 PM

V-

I haven't decided just how bad a boy I'm gonna be yet. I've notice those aforementioned locked doors, and like yourself, I was born under the sign of the tower, so some small advantage with locks there. I've just been toying with the idea of being a saintly type hero, not breaking into homes, etc...
I guess I haven't yet tapped into my dark side. Maybe I just need a little help...

hmmm....

vesselle 05-13-2002 06:09 PM

::gives Stillwater a push::

that help, hon? ;)

anyway, the act of B&E maybe a tad dark, but the crime uncovered is immense (in my sense of scope, at any rate) and has at it's heart the good of the people and government.

V***V

:eek:

The Kiwi 05-13-2002 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stillwater II:
I've kinda explored the start-town, but have yet to to a strider-ride. I've explored the marshes and found the jumper(very funny), but have only done/found one quest -- the tax guy. Is this town as boring as it seems? I heard of some bandits, but couldn't seem to find them (If I recall correctly, they should be near the siltstrider). I also explored a few tombs. But is that all?
"Bandits" or smugglers? There is a cave by the Silt-Strider Port that an elderly High Elf woman complains about . .

K.

Lord Killjoy 05-14-2002 03:10 AM

V- wish there was multiplayer My Knight Orc and your thief would be such a nasty one-two punch. I seem to be getting along with the thieves guild better than the fighters anyway. Go figure. Well I have a certain advantage when doing thief jobs you have to sneak and steal I walk in bash him over the head grab the key open the chest and waala the prize. Although hitting tab and watching my orc try and sneak is quite amusing HEHEHE.

[ 05-14-2002, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: Lord Killjoy ]

Meriadoc Brandybuck 05-14-2002 06:06 AM

beloved vampire :D

whould be nice if u can give me directions for the dungeons only found
Adelamasartus so far (slaver cave i think)