Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   3D Modeling, Artwork and Discussions (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Some Photoshopped BGII portraits (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79288)

Sir Goulum 12-22-2004 04:02 PM

It's not really original artwork(all Baldurs Gate II portraits [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), but it's about the limit of my artistic ability on the computor (aside from shoddy drawings on Paint [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), so I decided I might as well show it off. ;) Oh, and if you've never played Baldurs Gate, don't feel like you should know who the names are. [img]smile.gif[/img]

This was the first one I did, not really much just enlarged it and made so it wasn't all pixely.
Click here

Then came Edwina ;) . You may have seen her in my sig before, but here she is in her full glory.
Click here

Then, I did a little thing with the BGI Imoen portrait, gave her better hair.
Click here

Now comes my personal favorite. I put Imoens hair on Nalia, and vise-versa
Click here
Click here

I made 2 minsc's. One with hair(cernds to be precice), and the other with hair and a beard. Both are supposed to be a 'younger' version.
Click here
Click here

I gave Sarevok hair(imoens, but it looks good. ;) ), and made him younger.
Click here

Haer'Dalis, since I hate him, I gave Aeries hair and her little forhead tatoo, but now I'm kicking myself since it doesn't look half bad. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Click Here

What do you guys think? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Stormymystic 12-22-2004 04:09 PM

I like Haer'Dalis, probably the best one you did [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sir Goulum 12-22-2004 04:18 PM

Thanks, stormy. I was trying to make that one make him look like crap, so I was kinda surprised with how it turned out.

Hivetyrant 12-22-2004 05:34 PM

[img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] the Imoen and Nalia Hair swap worked very well [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Sir Goulum 12-22-2004 07:06 PM

Yea, I'm currently using those two in the game I'm playing right now.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I should try next? My Edwina was the biggest struggle I had, as it uses Edwins head, face n' stuff, Nalia's hair, BGI Imoen's lips, someone elses nose, and some ring I took from somewhere, so she doesn't look all that hot. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I've been trying to think of something for Keldorn's or Anomens, but I just can't think of anything. Ideas?

Spirits forever 12-22-2004 10:15 PM

you should start taking pictures of real pictures and then transforming them into portraits! that'd be awesome

and these are really cool! i've seen a few before i think ^_^'
brilliant work, makes me want to play bg II again ~_~:;

Sir Goulum 12-22-2004 10:48 PM

Real pictures? I dunno, those'd be a lot harder to do. I've just been copying bits and pieces of other portraits onto another, which is why it fits so seamlessly, usually. It'd be way harder, I think, to make a portrait from scratch, but I suppose I could try. You must have only seen Edwina before... I've never posted any of these others. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LennonCook 12-24-2004 11:05 PM

<span style="color: white">Look around the Portrait Portal: there is a set of instructions there somewhere on how Karse Soze does it. I think from memory he does very much what you're doing, except he starts with a real picture as the base rather than another portrait.

But, how about Aerie with the hair you put on BG1-Imoen? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Spirits forever 12-25-2004 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Real pictures? I dunno, those'd be a lot harder to do. I've just been copying bits and pieces of other portraits onto another, which is why it fits so seamlessly, usually. It'd be way harder, I think, to make a portrait from scratch, but I suppose I could try. You must have only seen Edwina before... I've never posted any of these others. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
hah, awesome, but you should really try

Xen 12-25-2004 08:33 AM

Hear'Dalis really looks good. [img]smile.gif[/img]