Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ironworks Online Roleplaying (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Antagonist's Anarchy: Magically-Deviant Mental Asylum (or OOC) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97741)

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 02-22-2009 07:45 PM

Re: Antagonist's Anarchy: Magically-Deviant Mental Asylum (or OOC)

Ok newbie, don't be a smarty pants. ;)

Tumbling Teru 02-22-2009 07:56 PM

Ohhh yeahhh. I haven't wasted enough time here yet; I'm a newbie. ;P I'm only here to play Cal's game though. I won't be racking up posts anytime soon.

Anyhow, sorry 'bout that. I thought the rules were pretty self explanatory.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 02-22-2009 08:09 PM

I did read all of the first page posts. I think it's just different than what I'm used to.

While I'm off reading, my "character" will heal the party! :)

Legolas 02-22-2009 08:25 PM

I can see all the wrong spiritual healing posts peeping around the corner even now :)
Welcome new players

Calaethis Dragonsbane 02-22-2009 10:01 PM

Welcome Teru. You're in. Nice sheet. It's good to see something that's not a total powerhouse ;).

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrowArchmage (Post 1226839)
Did this whole thing get more confusing than when we first set up our characters? Or did i get more stupid?

I simplified the rules DAM. The current version allows more flexibility than the previous one. Instead of having a certain number of points assigned to certain sections - for example, 7 for magic, 10 for skills and 5 for martial skills you now have 22 for magic, skills and martial skills. This allows for more flexible characters to be made, so if you would rather focus on magic and not on weapons at all, you can have a stronger mage. (Note: this is just an example, not an actual citation. The values here do not represent the values on the first page). Disadvantages allow for more points; advantages take points. Simple, eh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivelliis (Post 1226841)
The rules changed a lot DAM. CD 'reviewed' them *grins a bit*

Pfft. You make them sound difficult :P.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood (Post 1226862)
I think it's just different than what I'm used to.

I would imagine so. It is my own personal tried and tested homebrew system after all. You won't(I hope) find it outside my games :P. Seriously though, you'll get used to it soon enough :)

Oh, and Variol, Teru? You two play nice. No picking on each other for being 'newbies'; you're both newbies here - and you're both very welcome :P. :D.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 02-23-2009 06:24 AM

So, it looks this thread is for chat, questions etc and the other is for the game? This is the first time I clicked the other thread.
.and, HE STARTED IT! :)

Calaethis Dragonsbane 02-23-2009 06:25 AM

He? You didn't check Teru's profile, did you? Unless the "F" is lying, Teru is very much a girl :P.

And yes - that's exactly what this thread is for. So, how's the sheet coming along? Need a hand?

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 02-23-2009 08:52 AM

I have not started on it yet. I was doing some stuff I needed for work; before work.

Pardon my sexist remark. Is Teru the only female BTW?

Calaethis Dragonsbane 02-23-2009 08:56 AM

Currently. She's the only active one at any rate. We've had one or two before, but they wandered away due to rl commitments or some such. Unless I'm missing someone? Dplax, Leggy, Ive and DAM are all male - so I think Teru's the only lady here. Don't think I've missed anyone. I, myself, of course, am a man, so ;-P.

Tumbling Teru 02-23-2009 01:02 PM

Hmm, last I checked, yep, I was a girl.

*checks*

Yep, still good.

I'll jump into the game some time today.