Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   priestess of selune's moonblade (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24291)

swavek 09-12-2002 06:36 PM

the moonblade that belongs to this braud is really good and i would like to keep it, but i am wondering whether there are any repercussions in keeping it besides losing out on the XP?

Azred 09-12-2002 07:02 PM

<font color = lightgreen>None other than a guilty conscience for having kept something that doesn't belong to you. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Seriously, though. No, there are no other consequences except losing out on some xp. Isn't her moonblade a +2 large sword? Really nice weapon, especially at that point in the game. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

Kalak 09-12-2002 07:18 PM

It's actually not that good...since it's ethereal you don't get any strength bonuses to damage which severely limits its usefuleness for a fighter. However, for a weak second line guy it's perfect. And you can get the sword and get the xp, but I'll let you figure out how.

Baldassare 09-12-2002 10:04 PM

Spoiler
Go give it back to her and she will return it. You get the moonblade and the XP. If I remember correctly

Nanobyte 09-12-2002 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Baldassare:
Spoiler
Go give it back to her and she will return it. You get the moonblade and the XP. If I remember correctly

It all depends on what you say to her, one phrase will give you xp and gold (I think), another a dual, and the third is above.

Lord of Alcohol 09-12-2002 10:25 PM

I forgot and kept it...woops! Yes I am guilty of a GUI. Gaming Under the Influence. I wasnt allowed to use the sword for 6 months, a 250 GP fine, and 40 hours community service cleaning the sewer system of Targos. I'm not likely to do it again, I have indeed learned my lesson!

swavek 09-12-2002 10:28 PM

thanks folks.
although, in regards to losing out on the strenght bonues: this moonblade gets a +4 to damage so unless you've got a half-orc with a 20 strenght you're not losing any damage.

Larry_OHF 09-12-2002 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I'm not likely to do it again, I have indeed learned my lesson!
<font color=skyblue>Liar! ;) </font>

[ 09-12-2002, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Warhammer 09-13-2002 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by swavek:
thanks folks.
although, in regards to losing out on the strenght bonues: this moonblade gets a +4 to damage so unless you've got a half-orc with a 20 strenght you're not losing any damage.

Yes there is an option to keep the sword AND get the XP reward.
I am not sure about the +4 to damage. My Paladin/Fighter has been using the sword for 6-7 levels in the offhand, I've never seen it do more than 8 point of damage.

Zateel 09-13-2002 05:33 AM

Here's the deal:

SPOILER
If you give her the sword back, you get about 2000XP and that's it. If you SAVE THE VILLAGE she is concerned about (to the east of her), and THEN give the sword back, you get the sword as well. The dialog I chose with my Paladin was the "No reward is necessary" one , rather than "The tenants of my faith won't allow me to accept a reward" reply to get the sword and XP.