Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Live Elections (Yet another thread on it...) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100118)

Beaumanoir 11-04-2008 07:40 PM

The Live Elections (Yet another thread on it...)

So, who's watching them right now?

Kentucky has gone to McCain, Vermont to Obama. Leaving it on 8 - 3. Though not for long I feel. I'm sat with my house mates watching them now, and we're all hoping for a Obama victory.

What's everyone hoping for?

Beaumanoir 11-04-2008 08:06 PM

Re: The Live Elections (Yet another thread on it...)

Ahh that's brilliant. If Obama can take one Red state then he's pretty much got it sorted. :D

Gangrell 11-04-2008 08:09 PM

I saw the key states for McCain myself. Right now Obama's got Delaware.

Bungleau 11-04-2008 08:23 PM

Every year, I realize it really has to suck living in Hawaii or Alaska. By the time your voting day closes, your pitiful three electoral votes won't matter much... unless they're the three most important in the land, that is.

So it's all or nothing, basically. Good thing Hawaii's got the tropical paradise and Alaska the oil checks, or there'd be little reason to live there... :D

Lavindathar 11-04-2008 09:09 PM

<font color="cyan">Obama 175 - Mcain 70.

Lol, get the ■■■■ in.

Republicans getting pwned, exactly how it should be. This is turning into a landslide :)

Especially as I the west coast is mainly Democratic :)

And the mainly republic south is supposed to be very tightly contested.

Obama ftw.</font>

wellard 11-04-2008 09:19 PM

It is Obama by a landslide, I feel sorry for McCain a bit, he had no chance with Palin and Bush weighing him down.

So how many will Obama win by is the only question left.

Larry_OHF 11-04-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavindathar (Post 1221486)
Obama 175 - Mcain 70.

Where are you getting those numbers? I am watching the ticker right now and see 102-34, Obama in the lead...though McCain is actually winning in "actual votes". (8,288,829 to 8,185,093 = 103,736 votes ahead)
There's no apparent landslide...it appears to me that some states have a heavier vote than others, but 7 key states have not been tallied fully yet...

And the worst part is that we will not really know for the next couple of weeks when the votes are actually really verified and all that.

Edit: Okay...maybe my browser is slow...I now see 174-64 elect. votes with 13,679,832 leading 13,494,738, but I can't see how those numbers equal a landslide. The Electoral college still confuses me...and there are now six outstanding key states.

SecretMaster 11-04-2008 09:21 PM

Everyone expects/knows Obama is going to win. I'm not too keen on reading up to date news on the election because I know he will win.

Either way whoever wins I'll be unhappy. I think we have lousy candidates again for an election. I would like to see Obama put his money where his mouth is however, and once he gets into office we'll see if this shite he's been spewing for the last year will actually be used to nurture our country. I doubt it.

wellard 11-04-2008 09:26 PM

I'm reading Obama 195 to 76

Larry_OHF 11-04-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecretMaster (Post 1221495)
Everyone expects/knows Obama is going to win. I'm not too keen on reading up to date news on the election because I know he will win.

Either way whoever wins I'll be unhappy. I think we have lousy candidates again for an election. I would like to see Obama put his money where his mouth is however, and once he gets into office we'll see if this shite he's been spewing for the last year will actually be used to nurture our country. I doubt it.

<font color=skyblue>I wholeheartedly agree. WHOEVER wins, the country will be let down and the leader we were hoping for will not be there when needed most, and that might not be all his fault at times...but nonetheless neither will uphold all promises nor even try for the entire four years. People can change their minds to suit their current situation as has happened and will happen in the future and we'll be left to deal with it. What's so funny is how the rest of the world is so eager to see Obama win but their hopes are as vain as our's.</font>