Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   {newbie} I need good items where r they @{spoil} (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59071)

Oz 11-17-2001 03:33 PM

Yikes. Thats all i got to say about my dwarf fighter. His stuff stinks and i cant find better. He's good w/ axes and longswords but i cant give him axes cause korgan gets first crack w/ thoese. I am in chapter 3 still cause i wanna do all quests. I killed the shadow dragon and the red one but still dont have the right stuff, he uses the dragon long sword+2 and the dancing longsword that i think i wasted my cash on that u can buy in trademeet. plz help this newbie, thnx {p.s. he's a two handed fighter}

Sir Exxon 11-17-2001 03:43 PM

WELCOME!
SPOILER
You should go for the Blade of Roses and the Daystar.

Blade of Roses:
Buy from Bernard in the Copper Coronet

Daystar:
Loot from the lich in the tavern in the City Gates

Hope this falls in interest! :D

Mack_Attack 11-17-2001 03:47 PM

Well one good long sword to get would be: Daystar it is in the city gate(crooked crane) it is behind the secret door where the lich is. Great weapon against undead.

One other one could be the sword of the roses. I used my thief early in the game to steal this one, ummm I should say borrowed.

If you want a good site to check all sorts of weapons try gamebanshee.com

and welcome to the board [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Mack_Attack 11-17-2001 03:49 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
WELCOME!
SPOILER
You should go for the Blade of Roses and the Daystar.

Blade of Roses:
Buy from Bernard in the Copper Coronet

Daystar:
Loot from the lich in the tavern in the City Gates

Hope this falls in interest! :D
<hr></blockquote>

dam beat me to it typing same time.

Legolas 11-17-2001 05:14 PM

Chapter three eh?
The number of axes in BG2 is limited, but you could buy Azuredge (same shop as the Blade of Roses) which is a +3 axe which can double as a throwing axe. It's extra useful against undead too.
The two swords mentioned above are probably among the best you'll get in this part of the game.

And <font size=7><font color="CC0011">
Welcome to the board, Oz </font>
</font> [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Oz, as in Oz the werewolf and Willow the 'witch'?
Or did you pick your name for a different reason?

Anyway, do drop by in the General Discussions forum. We're always happy to see a new face [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: Legolas ]</p>

DragonReborn 11-17-2001 05:18 PM

Hmm I agree, and Celestial Fury (katana) is worth spending proficiency points on...the Stun ability is a life saver...

DragonReborn

Kingenigma 11-17-2001 08:24 PM

And try Lilarcor +3 as well. Do the sewer quest and solve riddles. U'll get the sword, has charm immunity, can talk (talks trash).

Svenman{GUARD} 11-17-2001 08:37 PM

if you really need a lot of help finding itms, go to www.planetbaldursgate.com . its an awesome site with listings of every item and where to find it.

Svenman{GUARD} 11-17-2001 08:40 PM

oh, sorry for not answering your question. Umm, celestial fury and the equalizer are nice swords. who cares if the cf is a katana, its worth it.

Kingenigma 11-17-2001 08:43 PM

Considered putting some points into war hammers???
SPOILER: U can use Crom fayer, the best weapon except for carsomyr...
Also Flail of the ages +3 is good but the only good flail in bg2...