Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Perfect character? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35325)

cormack 03-09-2003 10:08 PM

Hello Ironworkers! How many of you out there have tried to create the perfect character for playing this game?

What are your choices and why. My order of leveling up has been cross matched time and time again and I still haven't come up with the perfect match yet.
Do you like a pure character or at least hit fighter 1 time time to get all the bene's.?
Hit points are very valuable but what class besides barbarion can you stack them up in? Looking for your perfect characters here.
So far Monks seem to have it made in this game, and majic users need a few more hit points. Fighters add great weapons usage imediately, as opposed to wizards or bards.

Great game btw and looking forward to the up-coming expansion.

Nanobyte 03-10-2003 12:04 AM

I haven't gotten very far into the game, but to my knowledge bard's are exceedingly balanced. They are a rogue, fighter, and sorcerer infused all into one class. Never before have I been a fan of them, but they just rock! :D

Dragonshadow 03-10-2003 05:30 AM

If you have a character who is perfect in rolls and all, it is no fun.
I quote from a handbook somewhere: "Sometimes the most flawed characters are the most interesting to play."
A perfect one would be boring.

cormack 03-10-2003 06:15 PM

I will try a Bard sometime and take your advice soon. I must admit not having met to many in the game makes me feel a little uneasy about seeing one all the way through to the end. A good challenge ahead of me ;) </p> Now for a good start here is a character that is going good for a third level guy;

Barbarian-Fighter-Druid
HP=39
All armor and shield proficiency's
Martial and simple weapon proficiency's
Barbarian Fast Movement
Barbarian Ragex1
Immunity to sleep
Hardiness vs. Enchants
Skill Affinity's:listen,search, and spot
Keen sense
Weapon proficiency: Elf, and Druid
Lowlight Vision
Toughness
Weapon focus (longsword)
Nature Sense
Animal Companion
Great Fortitude</p> I don't know where to go with him from here but good start anyway. Possibly Cleric for War Domain power [img]smile.gif[/img] Have fun everyone!

Jedimaster 03-10-2003 08:05 PM

You already have three classes that is the limit in this game.

koconnor100 03-10-2003 09:19 PM

Pure Cleric
Str 14, dex 10, int 10, wis 16, con 14, cha 12

(stay below 14 and the price is 1pt per char, get a lot of milage !)

Domains : Knowledge (for the identify magic), Magic (couple of good attack spells in there, but mainly for the stone skin)

What can I say. Blow a feat on martial weapons. He can now use the astral long sword. He can use armor, a shield, helm, belt, boots, guantlets, the whole shebang.

and the spells. Espeically the summon creature. He always has a top notch monster tagging along, Every other level it gets up graded (until he can cast 9th level spells that is).

Blast at range with spells, or mix it up with the confidence of someone wearing the heaviest of armor. I love it !

arion windrider 03-10-2003 09:45 PM

my fav is sorcerers [img]smile.gif[/img]

quietman1920 03-11-2003 08:43 AM

Elven wizards, with an astral blade in each hand! The problem is that. level per level, clerics have Better armor, More Hit Points, and more powerful spells...

Legolas 03-11-2003 10:13 AM

Have to go with the pureclassed cleric. The domains you want to use depend on your playing style (i.e. offensive magic, close combat, creature summoning etc.), but you can do a lot of things. You may have some trouble with traps, but that's not worth the disadvantages of wasting your points on rogue levels or find/disarm abilities (although high int will let you do the latter to a certain degree).

dragonslayer 03-11-2003 04:56 PM

fighter 4 rest barbarian. that's it, gotta love greater rage when you have 20 str without it ;)