Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Worst drink ever? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88331)

Bungleau 11-04-2003 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
<font color=pink>Hmm...worst drink...ANYTHING MADE BY PEPSI...</font>
Don't you be saying bad things about my Mountain Dew... [img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img]

Now, other Pepsi products... they can go away. But not the Dew. No one else is close. Some are palatable, but no one is close. [img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img]

Stormymystic 11-04-2003 11:22 PM

coke, flat out, have you ever seen the scince experiment where you put a screw in a glass of it? let is sit for a week, then try to find the screw, it is gone, promise, I did it

Lady Blue03 11-05-2003 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stormymystic:
coke, flat out, have you ever seen the scince experiment where you put a screw in a glass of it? let is sit for a week, then try to find the screw, it is gone, promise, I did it
<font color=pink>Spare me, do that in a can of pepsi or any other cola like Dr. Pepper ect and you'll get the same results [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Plus, are you going to take a drink of coke and hold it in your mouth for a week? Didn't think so. Its not going to rot your teeth if you have good brushing habits, sheesh [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>

Raistlin Majere 11-05-2003 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GForce:
Worst drink? My disgust goes to DIET drinks. Like what the heck do they put in these things. YET many people seem to quaff them up like there's no tomorrow.
its more a matter of what they DONT put in them...

Sir Kenyth 11-05-2003 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stormymystic:
A lot of common foods will do that. ANY acidic solution will dissolve corrodable metals. That includes salad dressings with vinegar (acetic acid), almost all fruit and vegetable juices (citric acid), soft drinks (phosphoric acid), etc. Common water is a SOLVENT, and one of the strongest known! Most folks dont know this. Our bodies are designed to take advantage of water's solvent properties. A saline solution (sodium chloride dissolved in water) will greatly speed up oxidation in corrodable metals also. Our bodies actually use HYDROCHLORIC ACID in small amounts to shape our bones and dissolve undigestable material in the gut. Chemistry is a weird place and a lot closer to home than you think! ;)

Sir Kenyth 11-05-2003 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GForce:
Worst drink? My disgust goes to DIET drinks. Like what the heck do they put in these things. YET many people seem to quaff them up like there's no tomorrow.

its more a matter of what they DONT put in them... </font>[/QUOTE]I recommend getting a filtered pitcher. Start getting used to clean water, sparkling water, and unsweetened teas with lemon or lime. They certainly taste no worse than most diet soft drinks IMHO.