Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Gift Help (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92402)

harleyquinn 12-01-2004 10:17 AM

Hi all (haven't been around in a while)

I thought we could start a thread for people trying to find a particular item, but needing help. Then if others know where/how to find those things, we can help eachother out.

I've asked about this before, but still haven't had much luck. I tried Spencer's Gifts, but they seem to be mostly sex toys now, when did that happen?

I'm looking for a Sound Effects box (best description I can come up with) where it is for you to use when driving and you become frustrated at the idiot in front of you. It has buttons and they make different sounds. One is of a missile, one an explosion, one machine gun fire, etc. I used to see them all the time when I was in High School, were a big hit with Teenage guys, but now that I'm actually looking for one, I can't seem to find one anywhere.

I've been told it's also called a "stress reliever" but that hasn't helped me find one anywhere. You'd think at least ebay would have one, but no luck there either.

Beaumanoir 12-01-2004 10:37 AM

Anybody know where I can get my Mitts on an Atari ST and a copy of Bubble Bobble? I'm yearning!

harleyquinn 12-01-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
Anybody know where I can get my Mitts on an Atari ST and a copy of Bubble Bobble? I'm yearning!
Check out ebay. Here's one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...143053907&rd=1

Lady Sedai 12-01-2004 11:47 AM

harley...I wish I could be of more help. I'll keep my eyes open next time I head to the mall near me and visit the Spencer's there. It's only about 1/2 "adult themed" down here at the moment. ;) I had one some years ago, but it was called "The Last Word" and said 4 rather...ahem...colorful...phrases instead of the "sound effects".

Binky, dear...try this as well as they are UK based. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

http://www.retro-games.net/ecom/st.asp

wellard 12-02-2004 06:11 AM

Harley (long time no see) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

My kids used to have one of those. If I find it, it’s your’s. In the meantime you (being a girly and all) may help me. :D

My daughter turns 6 tomorrow and we have got her all the dolls and accessories that she could possibly want for her birthday. The problem now is what to get for her Christmas present? How many dolls can a girl have? From a mans perspective girls toys are bad, very bad. What does a six year old girl want or like?

harleyquinn 12-02-2004 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:

My kids used to have one of those. If I find it, it’s your’s. In the meantime you (being a girly and all) may help me. :D

My daughter turns 6 tomorrow and we have got her all the dolls and accessories that she could possibly want for her birthday. The problem now is what to get for her Christmas present? How many dolls can a girl have? From a mans perspective girls toys are bad, very bad. What does a six year old girl want or like?

Wellard, I can tell you that easily (and the answer to your question is there are NEVER enough toys).

A couple of my friend's kid's have this computer game and LOVE it. I'll find out from them what it's called (it's a Barbie game, so if she love's dolls, she'll like it).

Albromor 12-02-2004 11:23 AM

Cool post, harleyquinn, and I need the help myself. Okay, wife and I are looking into a digital camcorder but there are so many out there and now there are those that write to DVD disks. Any thoughts or suggestions on a) what to look for and b) what brands to embrace or avoid? Thanks.

harleyquinn 12-02-2004 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by harleyquinn:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wellard:

Wellard, I can tell you that easily (and the answer to your question is there are NEVER enough toys).

A couple of my friend's kid's have this computer game and LOVE it. I'll find out from them what it's called (it's a Barbie game, so if she love's dolls, she'll like it).
</font>[/QUOTE]Here you go Wellard, it's called "Barbie Beauty Boutique". I know a few little girls that have this and LOVE it, plus it'll save you money on not having to buy a million outfits for Barbie:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...tware&n=507846

Lady Sedai 12-02-2004 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Albromor:
Cool post, harleyquinn, and I need the help myself. Okay, wife and I are looking into a digital camcorder but there are so many out there and now there are those that write to DVD disks. Any thoughts or suggestions on a) what to look for and b) what brands to embrace or avoid? Thanks.
Before attempting this one, can you narrow the search down a tad?

What are *you* and the wife looking for in a camcorder? Do you WANT it to write to DVD disks, etc.? Do you need it to d/l to your PC and/or a DVD player?

Give at least a few of the features you'd like and I'll find you a few to choose from. ;)

[ 12-02-2004, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Lady Sedai ]

Albromor 12-02-2004 01:20 PM

Well Lady Sadai we're so new to this I don't know if I can narrow the search! [img]smile.gif[/img] Since I don't have the software at this moment to take it to the PC to transfer to disk I would guess the ones that write to the disk directly would be the kind that would interest me the most. However, they are very expensive. Which raises a few questions. How much would a good software cost to make the transfer? Also, I need to transfer old home VHS tapes to disk. Any suggestions? Thanks!