Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   New addition to the family!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100215)

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 11-28-2008 07:07 PM

New addition to the family!!

Not as big a deal as Yorick's new addition, but I went out and got another cat tonight!

My wife is in Maine shopping for the weekend, so I thought I'd surprise her.

I just found her on kijiji today. I went and looked at her and brought her home. She's just over a year and a half. She's fixed and declawed (which I don't approve of) and had her shots: plus she was free!

I have her in the rec room by herself for now. I'll let her get used to the area before she meets the dog and cat.

Arvon 11-28-2008 07:13 PM

Re: New addition to the family!!

Wife says...YOU DID WHAT?????

Ladyzekke 11-28-2008 08:02 PM

Aww that's so sweet! What kind of cat or what color is she? Can you take some pics that we can see? :)

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 11-28-2008 08:25 PM

Yup, I'll definitely get some pics. She all black, so I'll wait until daytime.

And as far as wife goes: she's gonna love me for it!

wellard 11-28-2008 08:54 PM

Good on you for getting a 'second hand' pet Variol :)

not enough people do that, the numbers of impounded pets put down is sadly vast :(

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 11-28-2008 09:16 PM

Yup,
The "bide a while" cat shelter here turns away 30+ cats per day! Plus there's 100+ they already have. People need to be more responsible.

Felix The Assassin 11-29-2008 08:28 AM

Outstanding, not sure what kijiji is, but if it's critter rescue and placement, good call.

So, why is the spousal unit shopping in Maine?

Jaradu 11-29-2008 10:08 AM

You can never have too many cats, for they will, of course, inherit the Earth.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 11-29-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin (Post 1222956)
Outstanding, not sure what kijiji is, but if it's critter rescue and placement, good call.

So, why is the spousal unit shopping in Maine?

Google Kijiji Halifax or click here:
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/

You can list anything you want on there for free. It's good for a lot of things that can't be shipped easily: Or just if you want to sell (or give things away) locally.

As for the wife in Maine; her and her dad have been doing that for 4 years now. This is the biggest shopping weekend in the US. It's really more about spending time together with her dad. They do that quite a lot on Saturdays, but this goes from Thursday to Sunday.

Cloudbringer 11-29-2008 11:49 AM

Glad to hear it, Variol! All my cats have either been resuces or from shelters except one and he was a rescue even though he was at a pet store because he was a kitten mill product and being tossed around like a football by kids in the store every day.

My current crop of 5 is one from a shelter, four from a friend who's daughter's cat had kittens before they could get her spayed and they were going to end up in a shelter. My friend volunteers at the shelter and was very worrried becuase one kitten was all black and another had eye problems (which turns out that she's blind from birth in one eye and has reduced vision in the other). My friend was sure it would be hard to place them and was so happy I took them all. :) So are we- can't imagine not having the little bundles of craziness around!

So good for you!!!! I hope your wife is surprised and happy at the new little black cat who'll soon be running your household, no doubt! :kittynow: