Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What is America? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88457)

shadowspecter 11-14-2003 02:28 PM

Can everyone that reads this help me out, I’m doing this survey in English class and I need to find out what do you think about America (U.S.A.). Give me all your opinions even if you don’t live in America (I don’t care if it’s a hate opinion). Please help me out. Thanks if you can.

Jorath Calar 11-14-2003 02:33 PM

Great country run by bad people...

Zuvio 11-14-2003 03:03 PM

<font color=gold>
A land of extremes, exaggeratings, good entertainment and like Jorath said: run by (b)(m)ad people...
</font>

Firestormalpha 11-14-2003 03:14 PM

I guess you could say I'm somewhat pampered by living here, but I personally say it is a bit over-rated. Freedom's great, but not enough people are responsible with the freedom they have.

P.S.

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
<font size="6"> Welcome to Ironworks! </font>

[ 11-14-2003, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

Lord 11-14-2003 03:17 PM

I've lived in America all my life, so I guess I've got some things to say:

America has a sharp distinction between social classes; Upper class, middle class, and lower class. There are still many homeless people in the country. Some of the important political figures in the government don't really belong where they are: Arnold Shwartz in California. There are others which deserve their job, however, like Colin Powell. In America, if you have plenty money, you can do just about anything. Some things, like minimum wage, help make the country a bit fair. However, minimum wage is still pretty low. People hire illegal immigrants to work around their house to try to save some money. If they don't hire them, then the job probably wouldn't get done by anyone else. But it's also unfair that these illegal immigrants often get paid very low.
Statistics prove that a woman with an equal education of a man will generally get paid less than the man, which is unfair. There is still discimination in the country, but not as much in suburban areas. That's just a little bit to say, I don't want to overflow this thread [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Larry_OHF 11-14-2003 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shadowspecter:
Give me all your opinions even if you don’t live in America (I don’t care if it’s a hate opinion).
<font color=skyblue>Maybe your use of the word "hate" as an invitation was not meant to mean what it implies, as we cannot allow "hate" posts about any country on here, in accordance to this TOS rule:
<font color=white>
Be Polite: No targeting of another user by harassing or giving unwarranted attention to or attacking ones race, gender, ethnicity or country. Also, respect each person's views and questions--this includes attacks on NEW users.</font>

I think everybody already knows this, but since you are new, I wanted to make sure that you understood what limits people have in regards to the rules set down by the Administrator. Thanks. </font>

Xen 11-14-2003 04:09 PM

Well i can`t say much becuase i don`t live there but i have to agree with Zuvio.

Gabrielles blades 11-14-2003 05:11 PM

america...well...most of the people in it dont want to take personal responsibility - anything that ever happens is not their fault and so they refuse to accept the consequences. ie you dont teach your kids morals, they act immorally, and you blame some random thing such as tv, video games or whatnot as the reason why theyre like that.

i wish i was born in japan -p

Azimaith 11-14-2003 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Thats a good way to describe many countries.

America is kinda of misleading, how about US, its not like theres no south american countries or canada.

Jorath Calar 11-14-2003 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Azimaith:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jorath Calar:

Thats a good way to describe many countries.

America is kinda of misleading, how about US, its not like theres no south american countries or canada.
</font>[/QUOTE]yes... it can be used to describe many countries, but I'm using it to describe the USA... so whats your point? Should I have given him my opinion on every country in the world?

Also you should read the first post again...

Quote:

...out what do you think about America (U.S.A.).
I think he was asking about the U.S.A and the last time I checked thats was the United States of America and it's not like that is South America... or Canada...