Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ultimate Party (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48964)

Mantis 11-25-2000 08:57 PM

I was just wondering what everyone thinks are the best NPC's not make your party up with. Currently i have Edwin, Keldorn, Minsc, Korgan, and Jan (whos probably the shittest dude i have) and my character. I'm on the brink of decidin if i should get mazzy instead of korgan... is mazzy all shes cranked up to be or is she a dud? I know she kicks ass with a short bow, but having korgan on the front line rocks.

Suul-Yinn 11-26-2000 12:09 AM

Keldorn is much better than Minsc because only he can wield Carsomyr +5. He also has true sight and a very high dispel magic. Minsc is much funnier and interesting however. Memnochs right, Mazzy sucks except with short-bows. Korgan is a master with axes and there are some very good melee and throwing ones around. Jan is the best of the thief/mages so keep him unless you are similar. I guess you are a cleric or druid , but if you are a shadow-mage get Jaheira or Viconia and lose Jan.

Memnoch 11-26-2000 08:40 AM

You'd be crazy to give up Korgan for Mazzy. For starters Korgan kicks the hardest ass in the game, even harder than Minsc or Keldorn if you max out his Warhammer proficiency and give him the Crom Faeyr when you forge it. Plus he is cool to have in the party as he gives everyone so much shit. Mazzy's a short paladin wannabe, you should only get her if you want someone to use the Gesen Bow. Without knowing what your character is it's difficult to see but you seem a bit topheavy on fighters, you may have to decide between Keldorn and Minsc.

"I've been down face first in gutter water, bleedin' from every orifice, don't you know." - Korgan

Wesley 11-26-2000 08:55 AM

Korgan's a wrecking machine, particularly with a throwing axe; but be warned, he'll leave unless you can figure out how to keep your party's rep below 19.

Rikard 11-27-2000 04:52 AM

I think you should be a Ranger/Cleric Dual class in cleric mode in order to really get Druid spells
(because you are aranger you get spells like creeping doom) Viconia is nice (especially in looks
but she's no ranger/cleric

Get Keldorn as paladin
Valygar as ranger (minsc is funner but Valygar is a stalker with good armor you don't see that to often)
Jan as thief with magic (don't knoiw if you've read what's gonna happen with that bounty hunter but he's fucked)
Edwin (Damn Good but not good in the allignment that to bad)
and a good mage -> Aerie, Imoen i'd say imoen but cheat some exp point on that ol'gal I go for imoen coz she is dual classed to go on like a mage and aerie also give exp points to the cleric in her