Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Beloved Car Got Stolen (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92751)

Lavindathar 01-18-2005 06:49 AM

<font color="cyan">Yep,my beloved little 2i got stolen last night.

Luckily, the police caught the guys, and they are meant to be wanted for a load of things. Anyway, its safe, they caught it about 5miles from where I parked it.

But, its been impounded at the moment for forensic testing, on fingerprints and clothing samples, so I cant get it back just yet.

They've got it on video camera doing 120mph down the wrong side of a motorway, but it wasnt damaged in the chase luckily.

But, I'm assuming that they have wrecked my lock and the ignition barrel (or maybe the window, who knows), but Ill have to wait until I see it to know the damage.

Gutted, cos this is the second time in a year it's been broken into!

But, I have to say, for once, the police seem to have done an excellent job, as getting it within 5miles is quite impressive! So, at least I'm thankful for that!</font>

johnny 01-18-2005 06:55 AM

Do you happen to live anywhere near Leeds ?

Hivetyrant 01-18-2005 07:00 AM

[img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] That really sucks man :(
Though its good to hear they cought the bastards. ;)
What kind of car do you have (I vaugly remember you mentioning it before I think, but cant think of it atm [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Vaskez 01-18-2005 07:05 AM

Heh I guessed that you must've got it back from the lack of sad emoticons in the topic title :D
Johnny -it's Manchester that's particularly full of thieves, not Leeds ;)

Harkoliar 01-18-2005 07:06 AM

thats pretty good when catching them 5 miles from your parking spot. Did you call the police when you found out?

its better that your car was found though. my cousins car got stolen and the police assured him that 80% of the cars were found and broguth back... after 6 months with no word, i guess he was part of the 20% unlucky bloke. (this is australia though).

johnny 01-18-2005 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
Heh I guessed that you must've got it back from the lack of sad emoticons in the topic title :D
Johnny -it's Manchester that's particularly full of thieves, not Leeds ;)

Well, i saw something on tv the other day, about there being an awful lot of carthefts in and around Leeds. Mostly kids, who take the car for a night of joyriding, and then leave it completely ravaged somewhere on the other side of town.

Vaskez 01-18-2005 07:11 AM

Well the north of England is generally considered dodgier, higher crime etc. so it's probably true what you saw

Ivelliis 01-18-2005 08:05 AM

Heh, I live in the North of England. Glad we've got ourselfs a good reputation [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 01-18-2005 08:37 AM

Lav, you seem to have a run of bad luck with cars! Hope this one's fixed soon. Do you have insurance to cover the breakage?

Lavindathar 01-18-2005 09:15 AM

<font color="cyan">Oi you guys, I'm manchester born and bred lol.

But no, I was in Newcastle at the time. And Id didnt know it was taken, I had been to the cinema with my girlfriend, and when I returned it was gone.

I went and informed security, and he said we've already got it. So, it was stolen and recovered before I even knew it had gone.

So, the police geniunly did a good job....they had just robbed a cash machine, and were fleeing when they entered my car.

Cloudy, its insured.Has to be by law.

The damage is: Both front windows smashed, door lock ruined and ignition ruined. Pissed off about that.

And by the way, its a Mk3 Fiesta RS Turbo shell with an XR21600 engine bored out to a 1800cc.

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

</font>