Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Madman's Discussion on Drug Use (NO GLORIFYING DRUG USE HERE) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80034)

johnny 07-07-2002 02:19 PM

I have an example for ya: a friend of mine makes drawings for a tattoo shop. He's not a real artist, but when he uses speed he'll be drawing like a maniac, and good too. He's making good money that way, but without the speed he wouldn't be able to do that. That's quite a shame, couse speed really messes you up, you can't sleep for days, you lose you're appetite, and don't even think about a little hanky panky with your girl, couse Mr Johnson shrinks quite a bit ! :D

Lord of Alcohol 07-07-2002 02:46 PM

Hmmmm drugs....been there done most, but quit them. Mighty expensive! Although I am for legalising marajuana. And I dont even smoke it. The rest are shit. Cocaine is shit. Crack is really shit. Meth (speed) is shit. And yes I have done them all and quit a long time ago.

johnny 07-07-2002 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Hmmmm drugs....been there done most, but quit them. Mighty expensive! Although I am for legalising marajuana. And I dont even smoke it. The rest are shit. Cocaine is shit. Crack is really shit. Meth (speed) is shit. And yes I have done them all and quit a long time ago.
Marihuana is legal overhere ! :D

Lord of Alcohol 07-07-2002 02:57 PM

I know johnny lol, half my friends should live there!

Megabot 07-07-2002 03:14 PM

I think i use "beer" that is more than good for me anyway!

Epona 07-07-2002 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
And I dont even smoke it.
*cough* ;)

Well my main vices are Cigarettes and Booze. I enjoy the occassional spliff. I also used to take whizz (amphetamines) but once after a weekender I crashed real hard, the worst I've ever felt in my life - broken glass filling my head, aching jaw from grinding my teeth, sore throat from talking, disturbed sleep, flu like feeling and the worst paranoia I've ever experienced for 3 or 4 days after - and decided it wasn't worth it.

I'm in favour of legalising pot and decriminalisation of all other drugs (yes, even heroin, so that addicts can more easily get help and keep them out of the clutches of unscrupulous dealers and the criminal scene)

johnny 07-07-2002 08:16 PM

Epona, they help the heroine addicts overhere, they place a methadonbus near the central station every monday, but it's not a pretty sight, there's hundreds of em swarming all over the place, i think they should keep that indoors. And what are those two things you mentioned ? Amfetamine is speed, i know that, but what's the other ?

Neb 07-07-2002 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Melusine:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Neb:
In that case they had no real skills. They had to take the drugs in order to be able to do their art.

LOL - read that again... Dali and Picasso no skills?? ROTFLMAO!!!
Riiiiiiight, Neb.

I agree that drugs aren't NECESSARY, but completely agree with Madman - they can be used as tools. Whether or not you do so is up to you, and the nature and status of drug abuse has certainly changed in recent history. In Victorian England, cigarettes were a sign of style, and absynthe was used by many authors. That doesn't mean they didn't have any skill.[/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]If they HAD to do the drugs in order to be able to do their work, then they had no skills. If they merely did the drugs as a recreational side-thing then they could still have had skills.

Using the drugs to get inspiration for a new painting because they had none otherwise would be like a bike rider in the Tour De France using doping to get strength for a new victory because he couldn't win otherwise. At least that's how I see it.

Oh and as for those two not having any skills, it might just be my opinion that their art sucks. Then, to me, they would have no skills. So you can't say for definite "Picasso and Dali are skilled!". In your opinion they might be, in my opinion, not.

[ 07-07-2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Neb ]

johnny 07-07-2002 08:37 PM

Neb, i suppose next you're gonna say Maradonna was a lousy footballplayer if it wasn't for his daily dosis of coke, right ? :D

Morgan_Corbesant 07-07-2002 08:42 PM

what about the newborns addicted at birth? what about the guys that rob and murder in order to pay for their "fix"? what about the fact that not only are they illegal (for a reason) they are just dumb. they do NOTHING except BAD things to your body, and yet people do them. i know that it is "cool" to do drugs nowadays, at least thats what most seem to think. that is until they are broke, sick, and a shadow of their former selves, because their whole life was consumed by the lifestyle. i have done my share of drugs. the effects were indeed cool, but the outcome is bad. i wasted my money on a cheap thrill, and i wish that i didnt. i have seen friends use drugs, get hooked, and are now DEAD because of overdose, murder, and accidental death, all due to the drugs that were so "cool". i just wish the law would allow vigilante's against drug dealers, because i know of a few in my area. maybe i'll just make an anonymous tip to the police, and take the scum from the street. DRUGS= STUPIDITY, PRISON, BANKRUPTCY, or DEATH!!! dont do them, they arent worth it.