Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The OFFICIAL Ironworks Football World Cup Thread --Part II (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79381)

Helspanth 06-14-2002 11:22 AM

As usual Brazil gets the easiest way to the finals...
Why is that I wonder....

Yorick 06-14-2002 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Helspanth:
Why is that I wonder....

If England hadn't beaten Argentina, Brazil would be meeting Argentina on their way to the finals. Would that be easy?

johnny 06-14-2002 11:33 AM

hey Lanthir, congrats with your team reaching the next round, allthough they played a shitty match against Poland, i think they deserve to move on. I'm becoming a US fan more and more. Have you been dancing again today or not ? :D

Ar-Cunin 06-14-2002 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yorick:
Yeah right. Cricket. The only sport the worlds second largest nation takes seriously. ;)

I didn't know that canadians liked cricket - I thought icehockey was 'their' game ;)

the new JR Jansen 06-14-2002 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Helspanth:
Why is that I wonder....

I'm really offended by that. Are we just an appitizer for them or what ? I would like to see all the Brazilian faces when we kick them out of the tournament [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Seriously, as i said before, we wont have a big chance of winning but it's one game and a lot can happen in one game.

Memnoch 06-14-2002 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:

Seriously, as i said before, we wont have a big chance of winning but it's one game and a lot can happen in one game.

It's been shown that there's no such thing as an easy game in this tournament. Here's an example of supposed "easy games":

...France thought Senegal were "easy". Result? Senegal 1-0.

...France thought Denmark were "easy". Result? Denmark 2-0.

...Portugal thought USA were "easy". Result? USA 3-2.

...Portugal thought South Korea were "easy". Result? South Korea 1-0.

...Argentina thought Sweden were "easy". Result? 1-1 draw.

...Croatia thought Ecuador were "easy". Result? Ecuador 1-0.

...Italy thought Mexico were "easy". Result? 1-1 draw.

...Russia thought Japan were "easy". Result? Japan 1-0.

...Poland thought South Korea were "easy". Result? South Korea 2-0.

There are no easybeats in this World Cup. If anyone thinks there are they haven't been watching the same World Cup I've been watching. ;)

Yorick 06-14-2002 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yorick:
Yeah right. Cricket. The only sport the worlds second largest nation takes seriously. ;)

I didn't know that canadians liked cricket - I thought icehockey was 'their' game ;) </font>[/QUOTE]India you knob. India.

Ar-Cunin 06-14-2002 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yorick:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yorick:

I didn't know that canadians liked cricket - I thought icehockey was 'their' game ;) </font>[/QUOTE]India you knob. India.</font>[/QUOTE]Oh - you mean population - not area ;)

- India also plays (field)hockey

Lanthir 06-15-2002 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
hey Lanthir, congrats with your team reaching the next round, allthough they played a shitty match against Poland, i think they deserve to move on. I'm becoming a US fan more and more. Have you been dancing again today or not ? :D
I was so upst by the game that even though we advanced it was hard to get ecited. I even wound up watching Sk v Port in the secodn half insteado fthe US match becasue I had to root for Sk. The one bright spot is that I would rather play mexico than Italy.

johnny 06-15-2002 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lanthir:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

I was so upst by the game that even though we advanced it was hard to get ecited. I even wound up watching Sk v Port in the secodn half insteado fthe US match becasue I had to root for Sk. The one bright spot is that I would rather play mexico than Italy.</font>[/QUOTE]so, what are the chances for the US of going to the quarter finals you think ? I'd say at least fifty fifty. Mexico will be favourites i guess but so far the US was quite comfortable in the underdog roll, i think they have a good chance of upsetting the entire footballworld.