Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is there anyone out there??? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101950)

Wyvern 04-02-2011 08:26 AM

Is there anyone out there???

Or am I all alone???

Would be nice to see a little activity on the forums. Just a little!! ;)

Wyv

Shadow Stranger 04-04-2011 06:53 AM

Re: Is there anyone out there???

Your attempt at the W&W version of SETI does not seem to be working too well. Rather a shame but that is a long term trend. It seems that Neverwinter Nights is now where it is at.

Wyvern 04-04-2011 03:52 PM

LOL!! Well, I can hope!! ;)

Shadow Stranger 04-04-2011 10:00 PM

The problem is that W&W can't be modded like Baldur's Gate games, NWN, Temple of Elemental Evil... Modding really increases the lifespan of a game.
It might be handy to have a sticky message about where you can find copies of the W&W game. Planescape: Torment can be downloaded for a small fee at certain sites. The same might be true for W&W.

Kazilan 04-06-2011 01:45 AM

I've wanted to play this game for a while but can't find a copy - anyone have a link to a place to buy the game for a decent price?

Shadow Stranger 04-06-2011 04:39 AM

I Googled "Wizards & Warriors Download" and got various links. Bear in mind that there is a Gameboy title with the same name, I suspect that it is standard Gameboy not W&W. Google for W&W then check out the links.

Wolf Rider2 04-06-2011 05:00 AM

Sigh... Computer I had that was able to support W&W has died... So I can't play it anymore :(

Wyvern 04-06-2011 07:46 AM

Good idea about trying to find places to get this game.

The tips for getting W&W to work on newer machines used to be quite excellent, but hardware keeps changing so I don't know how useful they are today.

I haven't played it in years - simply don't have the time after Jack was in the hospital for over a year - our lives have changed a lot.

Wolf Rider2 04-12-2011 07:38 AM

Sorry to hear that, Wyvern :(

And I'm so busy I probably wouldn't have time to play it, anyway... But it is good to reminisce :)

Wyvern 04-13-2011 07:17 AM

Very true!! I have lots of good memories from when I was able to play and this forum was very active!!

These days, I'm busy trying to get another book together, taking care of Jack and getting my son up to his college classes. Given that I'm the only one that drives and able to do most of the stuff around here, I generally have too much to do. My gaming time has been reduced to short casual games - nothing like the old days.