Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Dutch goverment resigns (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74323)

Dreamer128 04-16-2002 09:19 AM

From Pandemonium, who had it from the BBC website, this just occurded:

The entire Dutch cabinet has resigned in the aftermath of a report on the Srebrenica massacre.
The report, published last week, blamed the Dutch Government and senior military officials for failing to prevent the 1995 massacre, the worst single atrocity of the Bosnian war.
The government, headed by Prime Minister Wim Kok, met for crisis talks on Tuesday morning, before deciding to resign en masse.
The report said the government had sent its peacekeepers on a "mission impossible" to protect Srebrenica, which was supposed to be a United Nations safe area.

Dreamer128 04-16-2002 09:49 AM

For those of you that don't know, Srebrenica is comparable with 11 september, only alot more people died. But I guess your value as a person 'is' determined by your nationality, since absolutly no one outside Bosnia or the Netherlands has heard from it. Rather 1000 anonymous muslims dead then one citizen from the west. Its a sad world.

MagiK 04-16-2002 11:26 AM

As far as I can tell the USA still has troups in the region?? what more do you want us to do? 9/11 was in the USA of course we are going to be more reactive to it, than to a problem somewhere else, but I do not believe we encouraged the actions you speak of....

I have a question now....is the entire country without leadership now that they all resigned? Won't that cause mass riots, loss of law and order and problems with the countries social programs?

[ 04-16-2002, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

MagiK 04-16-2002 11:28 AM

I've said it before, if you are the USA, you get beat up on if you do something, and you get beat up if you don't. There is NO winning postion if you are the USA.....except for the fact that you are the lone world super power...there is that consolation I suppose.

Rikard_OHF 04-16-2002 11:30 AM

Nope Europeans have a nice system that makes sure that between the resigning and the new elections
Besides Elections are within one month

MagiK 04-16-2002 11:30 AM

And I forget but wasnt it you lot over there on that side of the globe who have the man who is responsible in a cushy lil prison cell with cable tv and a nice weight room?...cable?? wait I read they were installing satellite tv for him ...my bad.

MagiK 04-16-2002 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
Nope Europeans have a nice system that makes sure that between the resigning and the new elections
Besides Elections are within one month

Cool beans, I was kind of worried, one of the worst things leaders can do is abdicate responsiblity and leave their people leaderless with no notice.

caleb 04-16-2002 11:31 AM

Are the guys that resigned a critical part of the country or it more like the english royalty and jesse ventura?

Rikard_OHF 04-16-2002 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by caleb:
Are the guys that resigned a critical part of the country or it more like the english royalty and jesse ventura?
"The Goverment" are the prime-minister and all of his secretaries

Rikard_OHF 04-16-2002 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MagiK:
As far as I can tell the USA still has troups in the region?? what more do you want us to do? 9/11 was in the USA of course we are going to be more reactive to it, than to a problem somewhere else, but I do not believe we encouraged the actions you speak of....

What we want YOU to do is to open up your freaking eyes
To SEE that there's a world outside of the US
That all men are equal
No matter what country they live in
No matter what religeon they have
I WANT YOU MAGIK to Learn that the USA is not the Greater good and that the US makes a much mistakes as any other country does