Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Welcome to New Members!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73232)

Cerek the Barbaric 01-29-2002 04:07 PM

<font color="yellow">IronWorks is growing at a tremendous rate. Sometimes, it seems we have new members joining every few minutes.

So, I'm creating an official Welcome Thread for all the new members.

Come on in and make yourself comfortable. You've just joined one of the friendliest forums you will find on the internet.

There are other members who are far more skilled than I at creating attractive Welcome Posts, so I will leave that to them. In the meantime, let me just say:</font>

<marquee> [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] <font color="red"><h2>WELCOME, NEW IW MEMBERS!!!</h2></font></marquee>

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]</p>

Dreamer128 01-29-2002 04:16 PM

Hehehe, It would appear you stole Cloudy's job ;)
Nice one Cerek.

Sir ReGiN 01-29-2002 04:18 PM

There have been alot of these welcoming threads lately..
And they don't do any good, unless they're posted at the Bg2, ToB or Bg1 forum..
That's where all the new ones go, and most of them only ask one or two questions and then leave..
They don't go here, and they definelty don't see this..
If you feel the pressing urge to welcome someone who won't see it, then please, at least bump an old thread

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]</p>

Vaskez 01-29-2002 05:21 PM

AGH! NOT ANOTHER WELCOME THREAD! And yes Cerek I have a PERSONAL problem with you! Moderator! Where are those pesky moderators? :D :D

*Please excuse Vaskez he has recently had a traumatic experience: he has been diagnosed with serious allergies to Happy Birthday, Welcome, Gossip/Conversation, Cafe, Tavern and Word Association threads. This is a very serious condition and can cause violent and abusive behaviour from the inflicted individual when confronted with the above entities.*

Mirac Honorguard 01-29-2002 05:33 PM

Uhm, is there a problem with someone having a good joy about getting new members Vaskez? [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

Anyways, welcome all, hope you'll enjoy being around here.

Sazerac 01-29-2002 05:37 PM

No, Mirac, that's just our Vaskez, is all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Cerek the Barbaric 01-29-2002 05:58 PM

If the Mods want to delete this thread - or perhaps create a Sticky of their own - that's fine by me.

I haven't seen any other Welcome threads since IW came back up or I wouldn't have Posted this one.

Geez, you try to do something nice and the flamethrowers get turned on.

I need an ale to wash this bitter taste out of my mouth!

Vaskez 01-29-2002 06:00 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sazerac:
No, Mirac, that's just our Vaskez, is all. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
<hr></blockquote>

Awww, thanks Saz. :D

Vaskez 01-29-2002 06:04 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
If the Mods want to delete this thread - or perhaps create a Sticky of their own - that's fine by me.

I haven't seen any other Welcome threads since IW came back up or I wouldn't have Posted this one.

Geez, you try to do something nice and the flamethrowers get turned on.

I need an ale to wash this bitter taste out of my mouth!
<hr></blockquote>

Are you serious? You didn't seriously take my post seriously did you? :D

Cloudbringer 01-29-2002 06:04 PM

ROTFL! Cerek, a welcome thread is always good.. but uh.. psssssst.. not an official one til the <font color="plum"> Official Welcome Wagon </font>shows up.. and pssssssst. that's me! *thwacks the uppity barbarian with a day old dead trout* Ahem.. *giggle* ok.. now that we have the formalities out of the way... [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] (hehe.. here's a big ol Cloudy Hug for you.. we needed a new thread and I've been on the board a little less of late.)

Now, suppose you help us take Vaskez back to his er.. special room... the one with the bars in the windows and no sharp objects.. BWAHAHAHAHAHA! ;) Hey Vaskez! [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

oh and <H1><font color="pink"> WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!!!!!</h1> </font>

Cloudbringer
<font color="plum"> Official Welcome Wagon of the Ironworks Forums</font>

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]</p>