Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   prison dungeon (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49786)

Cletus the Black 01-02-2001 11:48 AM

I am new to the board and to PC RPG's. I just got the game for Xmas and was excited. I cleaned out the prison dungeon, found both wand/keys and then went to the portals. I keep getting the same message that I need a "certain key." I am sure that I have everything. I have checked with the "walkthrough" and asked others who have played it. I keep coming up with "huh?" I have uninstalled it, the reinstalled the "full" game and still I can't leave the first scenario. Help. I would love some advice. Should I just get the "warp" cheat and warp to the next part? Cletus

The.Relic 01-02-2001 11:57 AM

Welcome to the forum Cletus the Black,
Make sure that you have explored the entire dungeon. Have you found the area where the 3 fairee's ask you to return their acorns to the fairee grove? There is a chamber beyond that which contains some important things you need. I am being vague because I don't want to spoil the fun, but if you need more imfo I will help.

Yorick 01-02-2001 01:26 PM

G'day Cletus,
Ditto the welcome mate.

Cletus the Black 01-02-2001 01:52 PM

Gracias for the Wilkhomen, y'all (that's howdy if'n ya kin see the "Southern Cross."} Yep, I say the dryads, looted the bedroom, disarmed the traps, got the wand/key from the locker at the foot of the bed. I had already gotten the other wand/key. I went to the portal and it said I still need a key. I have tried separating the keys amongst the party, Identify on the portal, and on the keys, I have dropped the energy crystal (which didn't work anyway because the jar people said the same things), used medieval curse words, ancient curse words, check the site for hints and tips, walkthroughs, and I am still stuck. I understand that this level is easy and just a primer into the main system. This causes me to wonder if the program is glitched, and I get to wait 6 weeks for a new one from the manufacturer or can I overcome it with a cheat patch. Sorry to complain. I like it so far. I hate to be cut off just at the start. Any advice?

The.Relic 01-02-2001 03:14 PM

hmmm... I thought the key in that bedroom was the one for the portals. I guess I was wrong, now I am not sure what to tell you.

Armisael 01-02-2001 09:42 PM

You're not wrong. Did the key you got from the bedroom have a number next to it, and was it unremovable? If so, it's the portal key. Maybe it's a bug, but I've never seen it.

Cletus the Black 01-02-2001 10:08 PM

Armisael, thanks for the calling. There was no number with the wand/key, either one, and they were removable. I'm still carrying them around hoping they will work. I can't even throqw them at walls. Seriously, no numbers. I just had a thought, people keep saying "key" like there is only 1, but I found 2. Is this right? Do they need to be recharged? How can I do that. Well, 3 questions. Now, I am confused.

Cletus the Black 01-02-2001 10:10 PM

The.Relic......don' sweat it. You said "welcome" and that is enough. Got a "Mace of Disruption" I can borrow?

Bahamut 01-02-2001 10:18 PM

Just like Armisael said; the key that is unremovable from the character. Thats the only hint.

Armisael 01-02-2001 11:03 PM

Hmm, let's see... forget the wand keys for the moment, they're just confusing, and they'll come in to play a little later. Are you sure you've explored the whole dungeon? There are two cushy rooms. One leads off in three directions; west to the portal, south to the sewer room, and east into the dryads' chamber. The second is beyond the dryads' chamber. Both are heavily trapped and you'll know you're in the right room - an alarm will sound as you step into it. The portal key's in the chest at the base of the bed. If you still can't find it, I'll give you its item code.