Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Wizards and the Warriors out there! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60066)

Lily the Ranger 11-24-2000 12:48 AM

Yes, we consumed mass quanties of turkey and leave the carcasses in a layer to puzzle future archeologists. Then comes the Christmas layer and then the Superbowl layer. Happy T-day from Alaska USA (where we still have no snow - will the warlock responsible for this please return our snow - I have NEVER mowed in November (or October), but may just to freak my neighbors out.

freudianslip 11-24-2000 12:52 AM

That's half the fun, mowing when there's snow on the ground! That really confuses the neighbors!

Wyvern 11-24-2000 12:57 AM

Speaking of which - I had best be off this forum and into the kitchen so I can stuff and bake and other things traditional to the colonies on this day!
Do hope that everyone colonial has a great Thanksgiving and those uncolonials have a terrific November the 23rd!!

Wyv

Lily the Ranger 11-24-2000 12:59 AM

They already think we are odd. Once the entire family was dressed up for the Christmas picture when it was discovered the hamster had expired. We filed out to the pet semetary (in our best . . . we who favor sweats and jeans) and buried the little fellow. Our neighbors where so impressed with our send-off. Then there was the slain pumpkins picture. Now one ever tries to sell us candy or giftwrap. Wonder why?

freudianslip 11-24-2000 09:07 AM

Hello everyone! I hope that all of you have a happy turkey-day with your families.
Why not post where you will be celebrating (if you are), just so we can get an idea of the diversity of the crowd here?

Sadly, I will be working on this day, but I am in scenic Nashville, Tennessee, USA.

Peace and happy gorging!

freudianslip

Astyanax12 11-24-2000 11:09 AM

Hmmmm, Thanksgiving? That's some sort of holiday people have out in the colonies isn't it?
- Astyanax12, London, UK

xenotoca 11-24-2000 03:18 PM

Ah the quaint customs of the rebel colonies. What the hell are you giving thanks for. Mind you we will be giving thanks when you sort out which idiot is going to lead you (ours are idiots too) as I am sick of all the Presi films we are now getting Airforce One, Exeutive action ect.

Superbowl isint that rugby for sissies.

Wyvern 11-24-2000 03:29 PM

xenotoca -

You must REALLY be sick of all the pres movies as this is at least the second time you've mentioned it. You have my personal apology and a suggestion that you switch to DVDs/Videos/ThisBoard and other alternative entertainments. If you catch me at the right time, perhaps my party will tell you a story or two which might actually pass as entertainment.

My bird is in the oven awaiting basting (not the sewing term). The pies are done and cooling. I will not watch football or rugby today! It's a Wonderful Life is on, but I'm here so not watching that either.

Wyv

freudianslip 11-24-2000 04:01 PM

I don't own a TV, so mine is a unique case.. if I ever do have kids, they shall be weaned on Poe, Joyce, and Hemingway... meaning they shall probably hate me for life! mwuahaha!

Wyvern 11-24-2000 05:04 PM

slip -

Perhaps for a little while and then they will be forever grateful!!!

Wyv