Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Drizzt Ethic (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2204)

Zoltan 05-24-2002 11:32 AM

I noticed that you can pickpocket Drizzt and steal his beatiful scimitars. That's too bad my main fighters got normal swords but this guy got +3 and +5 swords! I decided to reload (beCAUSE I'm good aligned) and do not steal these swords. in other way this way is too overrated or I am a stupid? whats your op about roleplay ethics? what did you? did u steal or leave? an iF U steal does it effect future in a badwayt?

Intimadater 05-24-2002 12:40 PM

You are dumb if you don't get the +5 Schimitar. Do you know how good it is if you have the right characters to use it, and if you have a little spare change why not just kill, him take his armor and his swords, pay off some priest, and get your rep back up to 17.

[ 05-24-2002, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Intimadater ]

Lanthir 05-24-2002 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Intimadater:
You are dumb if you don't get the +5 Schimitar. Do you know how good it is if you have the right characters to use it, and if you have a little spare change why not just kill, him take his armor and his swords, pay off some priest, and get your rep back up to 17.
Well maybe casue he is roleplaying. Some of use do try to roleplay or characters. Knowing you are doing something evil and then after the fact running to a temple to some of us is not in the spirit of our alignment.

[ 05-25-2002, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Lanthir ]

SixOfSpades 05-24-2002 07:33 PM

Exactly. It's all roleplay -- both in the fact that only Good characters can use his +5 Defender, and only an Evil or Neutral would kill such a hero, and also in the fact that the only ways to kill Drizzt involve taking advantage of the game's (relatively) poor AI. It's a test of your Powergaming vs. Roleplaying ethic.

Do you need the swords? No. Do you need the armor? Hell no. If you've never killed Drizzt, go ahead and do it--the test is to see whether or not you Reload after you kill him.

Little Dragon 05-27-2002 06:53 AM

you have to at least play one game with his stash

Zoltan 05-27-2002 07:25 AM

Having a +5 sword in the beginning will ruin most of fun, in my opinion. Well, you got the sword, so where's the excitement of seeking a magical sword? It's called cheating in my book because it effects game diffucilty level in a serious way. I'm a good aligned character so I don't killed Drizzt. I got a 2-handed sword when I encountered him, right now I got a +1 and I'M looking for a +2. That's my way but of course with an evil party I'll try to kill him [img]smile.gif[/img] that's roleplay too! [img]smile.gif[/img] ))

Daniel 05-27-2002 09:12 AM

well i always play good parties, but the lure of Drizzts swords was too strong, my Paladin nearly became fallen that day. The way i see it is yes they are a bit powerful for BG1 but if you are good enough to beat him an a fight then you have really earned them [img]smile.gif[/img] .

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
A
L
E
R
T

note: If you do take them and decide to import your character into Baldurs Gate 2, then there will be consequences, as a very angry Drizzt and party track you down.

Daniel 05-27-2002 09:15 AM

P.S killing him with an evil party just isn't worth it as only good characters can use twinkle his +5 scimitar

Forscythe 05-29-2002 01:53 AM

Why don't you just let the gnolls kill him when you are very low on exp?

Did so myself and have not gotten penalized.

Sell any stuff you don't need evil ones!!! ;)

unless theivery is enough??? :D

Pirengle 05-29-2002 11:21 PM

Quote:

I've beaten the game several times with good-aligned parties who never needed any of Drizzt's gear. Roleplaying ethics are indeed afoot. Killing innocents isn't really lawful or good. Well, maybe some people enjoy roleplaying than participating in the "I'm better than you are because of my gear" shenanigans.

Quote:

Having a +5 sword in the beginning will ruin most of fun, in my opinion. Well, you got the sword, so where's the excitement of seeking a magical sword? It's called cheating in my book because it effects game diffucilty level in a serious way.
Amen. A veteran of a game that hosts too many cheaters, it's nice to see that some people still have their heads on straight!

Quote:

Why don't you just let the gnolls kill him when you are very low on exp? Did so myself and have not gotten penalized.
Um...all the times I've met up with Drizzt, he whines about how the gnolls outnumber him then cleave them into pieces before my party even comes close.