Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   To Ironworks Members- Ignore Trolls, please (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80486)

Cloudbringer 07-26-2002 03:13 PM

To all Ironworks members,

Please ignore the current troll infestation. It has been reported to the proper people and will be dealt with shortly.

Don't respond or reply - don't give them the satisfaction. All trolls are good for is being tossed out on their ears.

Cloudy
Ironworks Moderator

Lioness 07-26-2002 03:19 PM

Yes Ma'am. [img]smile.gif[/img] *puts down baseball bat sadly*

norompanlasolas 07-26-2002 03:19 PM

which other troll is it? ive only seen nancywhatshername... whats the other one?

anyways, its the first troll ive ever seen in action. cant believe i catched it live, lol! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Larry_OHF 07-26-2002 03:21 PM

<font color=skyblue>Thank you Cloudbringer.
I hope everyone will take heed to your wise council.
</font>

Lord Shield 07-26-2002 03:21 PM

Angel of $hit

Possibly the Black and White Guardians too

I'll wager they'll spam this thread too but ignore them anyhow

Neb 07-26-2002 03:21 PM

Aw, but it's sorta fun to be able to insult someone with the intelligence of the average doormat :D

Jerome 07-26-2002 03:22 PM

They also make great trophies, and can be made into fashionable coats. ;)

Sir Goulum 07-26-2002 03:22 PM

Its not hard to ignore....she has nearly 20 new topics (RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH) :mad: :mad: :mad: Maybe If i just stay in CLoudys.... :D

Cloudbringer 07-26-2002 03:22 PM

Norompanlasolas, add Angel of $hit to that list and just leave them to their childish trolling. I promise you, this will all be deleted and IP bannings will happen as soon as Ziroc gets here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ladyzekke 07-26-2002 03:24 PM

Ah now I see, we have trolls, thought I was in a kindergarden forum for a minute there. I agree with Cloudy, not worth the time or attention.

Arnabas 07-26-2002 03:25 PM

*sigh*
I have to go to work soon, but I really want to stay and watch some butt get kicked. :(

Axil 07-26-2002 03:25 PM

What happened to your moderator status Cloudy?

Moni 07-26-2002 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
anyways, its the first troll ive ever seen in action. cant believe i catched it live, lol! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LOL same here. :D

A note for Z (going on a troll's comment made in another thread has prompted me to go ahead and post this...I stopped myself earlier)...if you can trace their IPs to Fayetteville NC or Elizabethtown KY, I would put money on them being members of my family and can provide you with names, addresses and phone numbers to give to the proper authorities. :D

If it turns out that they are members of my family...you can see why I don't interact with them LOL.

Lord Shield 07-26-2002 03:27 PM

the mod status is forum-specific unfortunately

and what's the point in baiting morons, Neb? may as well go fishinh for fish washeed up on the shore LOL!!

norompanlasolas 07-26-2002 03:28 PM

yep, that angel too. and possibly jamaica man, and the guardians... wow! its a full out frontal attack!!!

FelixJaeger 07-26-2002 03:29 PM

Yeh good idea Cloudy i did rise to it earlier but it helped...made me feel superior....im not an attention seeker...
Felix

Neb 07-26-2002 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord Shield:
the mod status is forum-specific unfortunately

and what's the point in baiting morons, Neb? may as well go fishinh for fish washeed up on the shore LOL!!

Meh, I just like kicking around such amazingly stupid people, it's my hobby [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Lord Shield 07-26-2002 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
yep, that angel too. and possibly jamaica man, and the guardians... wow! its a full out frontal attack!!!
you think os? to me it just looks like a skidmark that's gonna be wipeed off

Azred 07-26-2002 03:36 PM

<font color = lightgreen>Ah. I see that the useless children have come out to play. [img]graemlins/dontknowaboutyou.gif[/img] Do they realize this is akin to a "denial of service attack" and may be a prosecutable offense under the law? [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

Cerek the Barbaric 07-26-2002 03:39 PM

<font color="plum">Well, the one POSITIVE aspect of all this is that the legitimate newbies will get to see how quickly and effectively IronWorks handles this type of behavior.

The clock is ticking.......</font>

Larry_OHF 07-26-2002 03:41 PM

<font color=skyblue>I know what I am going to ask Ziroc to give me for Christmas!...</font>

FelixJaeger 07-26-2002 03:42 PM

hmmn why dont the other Mod Raters just delete those posts?they can do that cant they?
Felix

Lord Shield 07-26-2002 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
hmmn why dont the other Mod Raters just delete those posts?they can do that cant they?
Felix

only in forums they moderate

just be patient - most it will take is another hour and quarter - trust me ;)

Morgan_Corbesant 07-26-2002 03:48 PM

its our enemies way of attacking America through pissing off the citizens with worthless dribble on their favorite internet sites!!!

250 07-26-2002 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
Felix

no they cannot. the chinese has an old saying "spill the (chicken) blood to discepline the monkeys" which come from the training method of old chinese entertainers. it works wonder, alright. but the only little problem is when they grab more than the chicken and kill it, and hang the blood dripping head on top of the gate to show all bystanders

I call it over reacting

Melusine 07-26-2002 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
its our enemies way of attacking America through pissing off the citizens with worthless dribble on their favorite internet sites!!!
??????????????
Uh, we're not just Americans here, Morgan. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for posting this thread, Cloudy - I must admit I was baffled when I came online and saw the entire first page filled with weird posts. :D

Lord Shield 07-26-2002 03:52 PM

Quote:

I hope you don't seriously believe that otherwise I would heavily recommend some therapy for you

Morgan_Corbesant 07-26-2002 03:53 PM

are these trolls korean? i heard on the news that the korean radicals that hate America are planning on hitting the sites and flooding them so they crash. is this a lame attempt?

Cloudbringer 07-26-2002 03:55 PM

Just to clear things up- it's a matter of software. Mods listed on a forum can delete/lock. ALL mods can warn and ALL mods can request bannings or other action. I have officially done so for our little troll team.

ONLY the webmaster, Ziroc, can ban or ip ban on the forums.

Again, my fellow IW members, please do not satisfy any trolls by responding. Attention is what they want.

I prefer acid and fire arrows. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Memsykins.. you're missing a lot of troll action, my friend! :D

Lord Shield 07-26-2002 03:55 PM

Quote:

are these trolls korean? i heard on the news that the korean radicals that hate America are planning on hitting the sites and flooding them so they crash. is this a lame attempt?
jeeez!! get a grip will you?

I hardly think a gaming board is considered Central Intelligence

Melusine 07-26-2002 03:56 PM

Quote:

I am hoping very hard that I'm just being a humourless, thick idiot here, but on the offchance that you're not joking... ;)
*ahem* NO, I don't think so. They would have picked a specific American forum, right? Like "Patriots United Forum" maybe?

[ 07-26-2002, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]

250 07-26-2002 03:57 PM

Quote:

bah, koreans? it is more likely an inside job. some members are probally sick of the partial dictatorship and, as they might put it, a few over reacting weirdos running the floor. I assure you, it is an inside job.

Victor von Steiner 07-26-2002 03:57 PM

Yeah where is the Genie. He just loves killing trolls.

FelixJaeger 07-26-2002 03:59 PM

yes whats with all the world domination thru ironworks forum?hmmn im just gonna go and ignore them i was thinking of being wittily annoiyng.....
Felix

Cloudbringer 07-26-2002 04:00 PM

Most likely we have attention seekers like one of these :

*kids who think it's cool to use foul language and abuse a message board

*adults with the intelligence of fried beans and the courtesy of orcs

*someone who may have been banned already, trying to "get even" in a childish and senseless way

We have weathered far worse here at Ironworks and it will be cleaned up, I promise you.

Cloudy

Lord Shield 07-26-2002 04:01 PM

no we're all in this bunker who's for a game of charades?

Nachtrafe 07-26-2002 04:04 PM

You know...I'd give a lot to have Mod power for just 10 minutes. GRRRR...Stupid frimping Trolls!!!

*Quickly sets up portable searchlight/megaphone combo and goes looking/shouting for Saz, Mouse, and the Genie*

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya CloudyLove!! SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH!!!!!!! I'd take out my Troll-Smasher +5000, but I'm not on the right forum. :( Wish Z and the gang would hurry and show.

250 07-26-2002 04:05 PM

true, the attention-seeking lil kids should be slain mercilessly. and of course, no matter who they are.

Lord Shield 07-26-2002 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 250:
true, the attention-seeking lil kids should be slain mercilessly. and of course, no matter who they are.
we need Anarkin Skywalker - he's good at killing whole tribes :D

dizzy 07-26-2002 04:08 PM

Trolls...hmmm. I don't see no stinkin trolls, lol.
Well, we've dug ourselves in!